Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Custody and court question, please help!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  • 5 Replies

Okay so my ex and I went to a custody conference last month and the custody officer just sent her recommendation in the mail the other day.. I like it, and for the most part my ex likes it but he wants me to agree to give him a few extra days with her.. we both really don't want to take this in front of a judge, but my question is, for all of you who did have it taken to court, does the judge normally agree with what the custody officer came up with or could they come up with something completely different?? 

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LauraMH
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:18 AM

As far as I know, if it is a contested then whatever the custody officer says usually goes. If you guys can come up with something on your own then the judge will usually sign off on it. Good luck!

Court930
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Yeah we're  have a hard time agreeing on things , thats the problem =/

breebree04
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM

When I was going through this I was told the judge usually agrees with what the custody officer suggested unless both parties argree on something together.

MomAmy77
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM

In my case yes . Well mine was a Guardian Adlitem. I just got through mine December 5 and the judge did  grant what  he said and even went more into my favor .

Court930
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Thanks ladies this helps me feel a little better. Although I really do NOT want to go to court, I feel a little better that it will work out.. my ex keeps saying that if I don't agree to give him more days then he will file the exemption and it will go to court so I'm not sure whether I should just say ok and get everything over with or just fight and let it go to court...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN