Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father just no longer communicates with daughter

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok, my daughter for the past 3 years went to her dads for thanksgiving in Tennessee ! We live in louisiana, she decided to be with my family this year, what gets me he refuses to answer phone or tx from her an she is 13! Ok now daughter does not acknowledge him as a dad now! What do I do? Also he is always late on childsupport, an still no payment yet, an as far as insurance for the past 2 years he only carries health an insurance does not cover medicine! She is asthmatic an ADHD

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I'd contact child support enforcement on the late/missing payment and maybe it's time to go back to court on the medical expenses.

Quoting Momlove08:

Ok, my daughter for the past 3 years went to her dads for thanksgiving in Tennessee ! We live in louisiana, she decided to be with my family this year, what gets me he refuses to answer phone or tx from her an she is 13! Ok now daughter does not acknowledge him as a dad now! What do I do? Also he is always late on childsupport, an still no payment yet, an as far as insurance for the past 2 years he only carries health an insurance does not cover medicine! She is asthmatic an ADHD

brieri
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Yes contact an attorney to go back to court.  Or you can this on your own.

Mommyto2LilMen
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Welcome. I would Def contact child support.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Yeah if your DD isn't under insurance, the CS could help with her medical costs.
LifeCafe42
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Welcome in ca 13 can pick where they want to stay etc he's being immature I'm sorry for your daughter contact the child support office
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Her dad is being immature if the reason he stopped talking to her is due to the fact that she choose to stay for Thanksgiving with your family. He needs to grow up and be an adult and father to his child, as for your daughter saying he isn't her dad , best advice is to sit down and talk to her about it, tell her that although she can be mad that her father is acting this way, it doesn't change the fact that he is her dad and it's something she will have to live with him. As for him being late, I agree with PP, inform the CSA and go back to work for medical expenses. 

wendythewriter
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:09 AM

If he's ignoring her, can't say I blame her for not wanting to acknowledge he's her father. But she might change her mind about that, so I don't think I'd encourage it either, or say anything bad about him to her.

As far as child support and medical expenses, go to enforcement and court and get those resolved through legal methods. That will force him to step up and do what he needs to do there, even if he doesn't act like a father in any other way.

sunshine389142
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I agree with most of the previous posts - contact child support office about the child support always being late.  some states the child support agencies enforce medical as well I think....but I know here they dont so you would have to take him to court yourself about the medical expenses.

as for him not contacting her/ignoring her....I would try to be supportive of your daughter.  I would try to be honest with her (at 13), but encourage her to continue to try and have a relationship with him.  I am sure it is hard on her and she is probably hurting a lot.  However, the best you can do is be there for your daughter.  It is not your job to make him have a relationship with his daughter....even if its hard.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Welcome! I agree with the other moms advice. Good luck!!
KRIZZ25
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:37 AM
u cant force a man to be a dad.it his choice he is missing out.if hs is late on cs go after him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)