Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nervous and confused!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
  • 5 Replies
Im pregnant with my first baby. A little boy due on april 1st. Im excited about him coming but im also really scared. I got laid off from my job at the beginning of dec and i havent found another job but as of next week i will be going to my ob twice a week so itd be kind of difficult. His dad has bailed already. Im pretty heartbroken over that but more worried about having to explain it later to my son. I want to go back to school really bad but im just not sure how i will work to support us, pay all the bills and childcare and go to school. I dont know where to even look for help or what to do...any advice or resources would be greatly appreciated
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lurion
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Well first off...congratulations mommy! 

Second...you and your son will be just fine. I can tell by your post that you are smart, resourceful and know how to seek out the support you'll need. You can do this and do it well. 

You will not have to explain to your son, only tell him the truth. He may be back to play a part in his life, even if it's not as your partner. He should be back to pay CS if you're smart--kid deserves that. 

Why do you have to go to your OB that often? 

Have you looked into schools yet? You may be better off financially to do that. Check in with their financial aid departments. Of course there is public assistance available to help, too. 

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and where are you living now? What resources do you have available (parents, education, etc.)? 

It's been a while since I was in your shoes, but here are a few tips that got me through: Financial aid, I rented the upstairs of a house of another single mom, worked several jobs where I could take my baby (YMCA, babysitting, sales), my family helped a lot, got CS after about 18 months, after graduating from college I moved to Central America where DD and I lived on the CS and spent 3 magical years on an adventure together. 

apaigelvn
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Thank you :-) im diabetic and have some other health problems so the doctor is being really careful. And im living with my mom right now but after the baby is born shes moving. And i plan to also but it will have to be just me and the baby..shes ready to do her own thing lol which is understandable. And i know where im going to try to go to school but its over 3 hours from where im at now. Its close to where im planning to move. And as far as child support..and i will maybe change my mind later. But hes about to start college himself and not working much and i really dont want to put him in a bind while hes trying to better himself
apaigelvn
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:15 PM
And that may seem stupid but i just dont know that it would even be worth it at this point. Maybe after he graduates. Idk..
ckmom2013
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM

No offense, but you say he bailed out on you...why wouldn't you put him on child support. He doesn't care how you or your baby gets by, but you care about him doing good. Trust me I have two and their father is on because whether or not he is trying to get his life together or not my KIDS come first. If you have to, you should never feel guilty about doing it. He will just have to get a job like you are trying to do! And congrats on your baby. I had complicated pregnancies as well, so take it easy. Stress made me have both of my babies early!

apaigelvn
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Idk its hard to explain. Im stubborn i guess but i also dont want him to be acting high and mighty likes hes being some big help. Im so emotional and everything right now that i really may end up changing my mind. Im still so upset and angry right now though that i dont want anything from him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)