Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

did anyone forfiet child support in order to raise your child by yourself??

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 3 Replies

do you regret your choice?

My son is nearly 4. his father has never met him. i have never forced it.  He was emotionally abusive and threatened throughout my pregnancy that he would take him away. he disappeared and i did not contact him anymore about our child or anything and he did not contact me. so needless to say i did not go for child support because i did not want for him to go for visitation.. i'm not sorry about that choice.

but now i need to make the same decision for my daughter and just curious if any other moms have done the same with child support.. i can obviously make it on my own.. i guess i'm just scared of all the unnecessary issues that may arise if i go for child support. my friends and family have suggested i do not.

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
blondieinva80
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Honestly, I thought about not going after my son's sperm donor, but I know my son has a right to that money and I have to answer to my son when he is older(he's only 5 months right now). His sperm donor hasn't  met him yet either and I'm not holding my breath on him ever doing so. After what happened in court last week, I'm starting to regret even going after him, but again, it's my son I have to answer to as to why I never let him see him, so I am doing everything legally so that my son can't hold me responsible later on. Everyone has to make their own decisions on this and do what they feel is best for their child. 

raeann1984
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Quoting blondieinva80:

Honestly, I thought about not going after my son's sperm donor, but I know my son has a right to that money and I have to answer to my son when he is older(he's only 5 months right now). His sperm donor hasn't  met him yet either and I'm not holding my breath on him ever doing so. After what happened in court last week, I'm starting to regret even going after him, but again, it's my son I have to answer to as to why I never let him see him, so I am doing everything legally so that my son can't hold me responsible later on. Everyone has to make their own decisions on this and do what they feel is best for their child. 

can i ask what happened in court to make you question going after him??

blondieinva80
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM

He has never attempted to see my son. My son was born early and was in the NICU for 83 days and has been home for tow months.  We finally found him(sperm donor) to serve him court papers,thanks to his gf, and he was trying to save face is what I am guessing in front of judge and has now asked for partial custody of my son since I filed for full custody. I think it's his way of continuing to hurt me since I left when I was 5 1/2 months pregnant cause of him being abusive and I wasn't going to raise my son in a household like that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN