Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I know this woman who is around 26 and has two children.  She is divorced and according to her the marriage was really bad....cheating and abuse.  She has been messing around with this guy and she openly admitted that she has been pregnant by him twice within a span of six months....one was aborted and the other was a miscarriage.  She said that he wasn't supportive at all through any of this.....SO WHY WOULD YOU KEEP SEEING HIM??  Well, she did and ended up with an STD.  Shortly after the STD situation she finds out that he is on at least "dating" websites.  They are now back together......and there are so many more parts to this story that I don't want to take the time to type.

Would you risk being in a relationship with someone like this?  I can't believe she would put her children in this mess after everything they have been through already.

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Replies (11-16):
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM

My ex wasn't physically abusive but he did screw around with my head a lot.  It was hard at first, but I believe smart women come to their senses, leave, and never look back.  I feel bad for your friend, maybe she'll realize the mess she's in soon.  

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM
It's very easy to sit in judgment when you are outside the situation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elizabeth.mary
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:33 AM

She has absolutely no self-esteem is what it seems like. Being in an abusive relationship will do that to you. She needs to take time to be by herself and figure herself out, build herself back up. She won't do it until SHE realizes it. You can tell it to her so that the idea is at least in her head, but be careful, because sometimes telling these things to people like this will actually push them to stay with the person they're with.

EducatedMommie
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:22 AM

This is very true and yes I am outside the situation.....but for several months I was told about every part of her "relationship" with this new guy.  She cried and cried because he wasn't what she wanted him to be but she couldn't walk away because there was "just something about him".  I was never trying to judge her because I have made my fair share of mistakes with men.....I just want her to be able to see her worth and realize that a bad relationship is not better than no relationship at all.  She has two very beautiful children...one of which is a very impressionable seven-year old boy.....if she doesn't figure this out she is going to end showing her son that it is ok to treat each other in this manner. 

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

It's very easy to sit in judgment when you are outside the situation.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM

No I wouldn't especially since I have a child.

awesomeamylynn
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Take it from someone who has suffered through three abusive relationships- no matter what you say or do, she will not leave him until she is ready to do so. If you have never been in an abusive situation you can not imagine why a person would want to stay in one. The abuser is usually very good at convincing the other person that it is their fault. The abuser will also go to great length to convince the other person that they have changed and they will do better.

The best thing you can do for your friend is to let her know you care and you are there for her whenever she needs you, for whatever reason.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)