Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So frustrated with my kids paternal grandparents and family!

Posted by   + Show Post
What do I do with these people. My kids father plays hide and seek. He's around one month, the next he isn't. With that being said, I don't understand why his mom, dad, brother, or aunts NEVER call to check on my kids, never call to spend time with them, and they are so ignorant that they don't even answer when I call. I don't harass them or anything. It's like the whole family are deadbeats. I don't understand why they don't like my kids or care about tjem when they are innocent. Does anyone else have this problem? They take his side everytime he is wrong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:23 PM

God only knows why, but some families are just like that. I'll never get it, but know plenty of them.

ckmom2013
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Lucky you lol

Quoting justahousewife:

I have the opposite problem. My ex-dh's family is great. His parents and siblings all make an effort to make the kids feel loved. He though can't be bothered to send a card and has put three states between us so no visits. I got fooled, thinking being from an upstanding family I was marrying an upstanding guy. Lol He was obviously the black sheep.

ckmom2013
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:30 PM

We have the same exact story!

Quoting LOLOSMOMMY11:

WHEN I WAS PREG I WAS WITH MY SONS FATHER, AND THEY NEVER CARED ABOUT ME WHEN I WAS PREG WELL HE DIDNT EITHER. ANYWAY WHEN THE BABY WAS BORN THEY WENT TO THE HOSP MAY 2 DAYS,I WAS THERE FOR 4 DAYS. THEN THEY STARTED COMING TO MY HOUSE TO SEE THE BABY AND ALL OF A SUDDEN AROUND 1 MONTH OF HIM BEING BORN THEY STOPPED COMING. MY SONS FATHER SAYS THAT ITS MY FAULT BECAUSE I DONT TAKE THE BABY TO THEM. BUT THATS NOT MY PROB TO TAKE MY SON TO THEM, IF THEY WANTED TO KEEP SEEING HIM THEY COULD OF KEPT COMING. THEY JUST STOPPED COMING AND EVEN CALLING. THEN WHEN THEY BABY WAS ABOUT 6 MTHS HE STOPPED COMING AROUND. LET ME TELL YOU NOT ONCE DID I CALL HIS FAMILY OR HIM TO COME SEE THE BABY OR ANYTHING. IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO BE INVOLVED THEN THEY SHOULD OF MADE MOVES.

LOLOSMOMMY11
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM

BELIEVE ME IM HAPPIER THEN EVER BEING A SINGLE MOTHER AND THEM OUT OF MY LIFE...I WAS MISERABLE EVERYTIME THE SPERM DONOR LOL WAS AROUND EVEN WHEN I WAS PREG.

Quoting ckmom2013:

We have the same exact story!

Quoting LOLOSMOMMY11:

WHEN I WAS PREG I WAS WITH MY SONS FATHER, AND THEY NEVER CARED ABOUT ME WHEN I WAS PREG WELL HE DIDNT EITHER. ANYWAY WHEN THE BABY WAS BORN THEY WENT TO THE HOSP MAY 2 DAYS,I WAS THERE FOR 4 DAYS. THEN THEY STARTED COMING TO MY HOUSE TO SEE THE BABY AND ALL OF A SUDDEN AROUND 1 MONTH OF HIM BEING BORN THEY STOPPED COMING. MY SONS FATHER SAYS THAT ITS MY FAULT BECAUSE I DONT TAKE THE BABY TO THEM. BUT THATS NOT MY PROB TO TAKE MY SON TO THEM, IF THEY WANTED TO KEEP SEEING HIM THEY COULD OF KEPT COMING. THEY JUST STOPPED COMING AND EVEN CALLING. THEN WHEN THEY BABY WAS ABOUT 6 MTHS HE STOPPED COMING AROUND. LET ME TELL YOU NOT ONCE DID I CALL HIS FAMILY OR HIM TO COME SEE THE BABY OR ANYTHING. IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO BE INVOLVED THEN THEY SHOULD OF MADE MOVES.

GI_Jane230
1 mom liked this

Not being rude but why do you care about his family?  If they are a bunch of losers like you say, be glad they stay away from your daughter.  I am glad no one from my ex's family calls me.  My kids are better off without them.

ckmom2013
1 mom liked this

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one ladies. I don't know why these people pretend my children don't exist, but I will do the same to them.

ckmom2013
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Well my son talks about them all the time and I mean ALL the time lol. He loves everybody and he's very friendly. So I get upset when he's like I love mommy daddy grandma granpa uncle so and so.....it strikes a nerve! And he doesn't even know these people don't give a shit about him and his sister.

Quoting GI_Jane230:

Not being rude but why do you care about his family?  If they are a bunch of losers like you say, be glad they stay away from your daughter.  I am glad no one from my ex's family calls me.  My kids are better off without them.

GI_Jane230
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, it's rough.  My kids talk to their paternal grandma on the phone but she is the only one.  They used to talk about all the rest too but eventually they got over it.  I never said anything bad, I just let it go.  They figured it on their own.  Let him love them.  As he get older he will realize the truth.  And the only thing that will matter is that you love him and have always been there for him. 

MamaBernie
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I agree dont even care at all since they raised a loser then shouldnt be around your kids.

Lovingmyks
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Are your kids related to the Courtneys'? LOL My kids' father's famlily is the same way. They don't call or show up to for shit but can call me as soon as my kids' father gets in trouble. I'm just waiting on one to see us out somewhere and claim them. I'm going to give they ass a piece of my mind.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)