Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So frustrated with my kids paternal grandparents and family!

Posted by   + Show Post
What do I do with these people. My kids father plays hide and seek. He's around one month, the next he isn't. With that being said, I don't understand why his mom, dad, brother, or aunts NEVER call to check on my kids, never call to spend time with them, and they are so ignorant that they don't even answer when I call. I don't harass them or anything. It's like the whole family are deadbeats. I don't understand why they don't like my kids or care about tjem when they are innocent. Does anyone else have this problem? They take his side everytime he is wrong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Replies (21-28):
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any issues. My ex's family is all like that. They say they're all there for me and DS, but that's just something nice they say on FB to show they "care" because if a guy is a deadbeat douche, it reflects BADLY on the family. 

My ex doesn't even bother, and I know he's back on EI because I'm getting the same amount I did last year when he was. I just stopped communicating. I changed my numbers. The only thing they have of mine is my address, which is fine, because if they ever show up without notifying me, we're most likely not going to be home lmao. Oh well! Their loss!

mygirls2012
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:01 AM

I totally hear you there.. I got divorced in Sept 2012 and my exs family has nothing to do with our daughters. my daughters are 14 and 9 and my oldest calls the gmom and it goes to voicemail she leaves messages and she wont return the calls, hasnt spoken to my youngest in a year. its real sad because when we were married we made it a point to have them have a close relationship with their gparents and now they could care less. nothing heard from his sister, neice even on thier birthdays, gparents send card but thats it seems like they want nothing to do with them. my older dd asked her gmoms brother why she wont return her 5 calls and suddenly gmom calls for like 4 min then she has to go. real sad so yes i am going thru this too, im soo glad i moved out of state so they dont really ask too much about them.. glad I have my mom and gmom and my sister and my older sons, so they have plenty of family to grow up around.. hang in there..

ckmom2013
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Yours are older, so thats worse because they know whats going on. Thats a shame

Quoting mygirls2012:

I totally hear you there.. I got divorced in Sept 2012 and my exs family has nothing to do with our daughters. my daughters are 14 and 9 and my oldest calls the gmom and it goes to voicemail she leaves messages and she wont return the calls, hasnt spoken to my youngest in a year. its real sad because when we were married we made it a point to have them have a close relationship with their gparents and now they could care less. nothing heard from his sister, neice even on thier birthdays, gparents send card but thats it seems like they want nothing to do with them. my older dd asked her gmoms brother why she wont return her 5 calls and suddenly gmom calls for like 4 min then she has to go. real sad so yes i am going thru this too, im soo glad i moved out of state so they dont really ask too much about them.. glad I have my mom and gmom and my sister and my older sons, so they have plenty of family to grow up around.. hang in there..

ckmom2013
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Lol. Yeah they show their nosey faces whenever we have a court date. Other than that they are ghosts

Quoting Lovingmyks:

Are your kids related to the Courtneys'? LOL My kids' father's famlily is the same way. They don't call or show up to for shit but can call me as soon as my kids' father gets in trouble. I'm just waiting on one to see us out somewhere and claim them. I'm going to give they ass a piece of my mind.

ckmom2013
Lol. Yeah they show their nosey faces whenever we have a court date. Other than that they are ghosts

Quoting Lovingmyks:

Are your kids related to the Courtneys'? LOL My kids' father's famlily is the same way. They don't call or show up to for shit but can call me as soon as my kids' father gets in trouble. I'm just waiting on one to see us out somewhere and claim them. I'm going to give they ass a piece of my mind.

ckmom2013

Quoting Lovingmyks:

mygirls2012
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Quoting ckmom2013:

Yours are older, so thats worse because they know whats going on. Thats a shame

Quoting mygirls2012:

yes it is a shame, they were very close to them.. but i cant force them to talk to them its really sad because both girls have cell phones so its not like they have to talk to me.. (yes ex decided to get 9 yo a cell wasnt too happy did it behind my back but she hardly uses it forgets she has it) but her son is perfect i was the one who was wrong.. (she just messed his brain up didnt tell him until he was 35 that his father who molested his sister and neice) was never his real father and noone EVER got counceling..) hes always been miserable and loves to push things under the rug... always.. just couldnt take all the secrets that started coming out.. he is no better hasnt seen his girls in 3 months and then saw them for 3 hours and said to oldest well wont see you til late spring cant afford it.. what a winner.....

songbird2716
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I wish, WISH my ex's family was like that. Instead, for some unknown explosion, they feel that if he chooses to not be around, they can step in on his behalf. They are constantly interfering and causing problems. My poor kids have declared that they no longer want to spends the night over there. Aside from them just being rude and judgmental overall (to a freaking 6 and 4 year old) the last time they slept there the 4 year old cried because she wanted to come home. But I got no text, and no call. They didn't even mention it when I picked them up the next morning. The kids told me as we drive home. If they had been with their father, it would have been understandable that she'd have to stay, but the fact of the matter is we don't even have to acknowledge their existence, much less spend any time with them. Sigh. Maybe we can swap lives for a bit to appreciate or own better? Lol. Hang in there. And try to see the advantages.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)