Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

A simple question?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM
  • 12 Replies

A simple question is there any good guy out there Ive been reading alot of posts and talking to my unsupportive ex tonight. And How am I going to raise my boy to have respect for any woman if his father got two woman pregnant and refused to pay child support until I went to court about it. That my biggest worry wheres a good guy? and is my son going to grow up to mistreat woman? sigh time will tell

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elizabeth.mary
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:30 AM

You don't need a man to teach your son how to be good to women. YOU can teach that to him. Yes there are good guys out there it's just finding them that's the problem. There seem to be more bad one's than good ones.

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this
u got to teach him.u are both mother ,father..
debski023
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:38 AM
I know how you feel. I felt very guilty while pregnant about not being able to supply my son with a father figure. But God blessed us with a son alone because he knows were are strong enough to do it alone. I dont have all the answers im only 2 weeks into the single mom thing...but a part of me is glad i dont have a man around right now. Sometimes men can be unsupportive and they dont understand
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Hon there are good men who are positive roll models. They dont have to be part of your intimate life to be that roll model. Teachers...pastors...neighbors etc. Big brothers big sisters has mentors too. And as the other ladies said you are his biggest factor on how he learns to treat women
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBernie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I just hope my son doesn't turn into his father who's disrespectful to woman time will tell
steviechick
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Your son learns from whomever raises him.  I am in the same boat you are.  My ex cheated on me and got his bimbo pregnant not once but twice - behind my and my daughter's back.  I even have to force my ex to go to court in order for him to pay me and my daughter what he owes us.  Not only has my ex proven to be a piece of garbage but he's also proven himself to be unworthy of fatherhood.  My daughter has already learned the hard facts of her own father and how horrible he treats women.  The tramp he got pregnant will learn the hard way just what my ex is all about.  All we single moms can do is teach our children the rights and wrongs in life.  What true character is all about and leading a decent life is about.  I think our exes even in their own sick ways actually teach our kids what being bad is all about.  The one poster is right, God has given us the chance to be single moms for a reason - to continue to raise good, decent and honest human beings. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this.  You don't need a man to teach him how to be a good person, you can teach him that and show/tell him how he should treat others (both male and female). 

Quoting elizabeth.mary:

You don't need a man to teach your son how to be good to women. YOU can teach that to him. Yes there are good guys out there it's just finding them that's the problem. There seem to be more bad one's than good ones.

MamaBernie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM
@ steviechick what is wrong with these woman who sleep with men that are taken my ex lied to me and he was still married when he got married and I was so mad his new fiance paid for her own engagement ring and offered to pay for my child support what is wrong with these girls
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:30 PM

No other man you want to bring into his life is going to make your child a better man, other than teaching yourself.

steviechick
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MamaBernie:

@ steviechick what is wrong with these woman who sleep with men that are taken my ex lied to me and he was still married when he got married and I was so mad his new fiance paid for her own engagement ring and offered to pay for my child support what is wrong with these girls

I see low self-esteem with women like this.  I see women that are desparate enough to get involved with a married man that have no conscience whatsoever about a man that is married.  A man that is already taken for.  A man that has a family.  How would this woman feel if someone had sex with her man behind her back?  You see, women like this have no depth as to what they are doing to other people's lives.  They only care about themselves and their wants and needs.  The thing is - why would a married man cheat on his wife to begin with?  If he's going to cheat on his wife he's going to cheat on the woman he's cheating with!  If he's that miserable in his marriage at least get a separation in order (mine didn't) WHILE he's chasing after another woman.  Your ex sounds just like mine.  Always out of money, so his lady has to step up to the plate and pay for things.  How lowlife and disengenous is that?  She sounds like a winner - like my ex's new wife.  Woman like this are miserable human beings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN