Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new single mom

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:31 AM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi everyone my name is Debra. I just had a baby boy on New Years Eve. He was unexpected, and i didnt know how to feel while i was pregnant. I was always an independent woman with a mind focused on my career...never into relationships after being burned over and over. I experienced some traumatic events while i was enlisted in the Army which caused depression and PTSD. So thats a little history on me.

When CT arrived i was very excited but scared and overwhelmed as well. I was doing this alone, no child support and no father figure. I always knew i could do it, but i also knew it was going to be the biggest challenge of my life.

So im actually sitting awake with CT a little frustrated. I googled how to cope with an overeater and the internet suggested a support group for all of my frustrations. So here i am. I look forward to learning how to be a great mom and to learn how to deal with current and future concerns.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
breebree04
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Debra! Hang in there, things will get better and easier! Do you have any family/friends around that can help you get the hang of things? You mentioned you googled how to cope with an overeater, is your ds eating alot at one time or eating alittle bit but frequently?

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, Debra and welcome to the group.  I grew up in the military and lived overseas for a while.  Thank you for your service to your country.  I have some experience with babies - I had one, LOL!  Glad you found us.  Have you looked into perhaps feeding your son cereal in his milk?  Or some form of thicker liquid?  Sometimes milk just doesn't fill up tummies.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

debski023
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Hes 2 weeks old...cereal already?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on your new little buy Debra!  I'm a little confused, are you concerned that your son is overeating or that you're an overeater?

Quoting debski023:

Hi everyone my name is Debra. I just had a baby boy on New Years Eve. He was unexpected, and i didnt know how to feel while i was pregnant. I was always an independent woman with a mind focused on my career...never into relationships after being burned over and over. I experienced some traumatic events while i was enlisted in the Army which caused depression and PTSD. So thats a little history on me.

When CT arrived i was very excited but scared and overwhelmed as well. I was doing this alone, no child support and no father figure. I always knew i could do it, but i also knew it was going to be the biggest challenge of my life.

So im actually sitting awake with CT a little frustrated. I googled how to cope with an overeater and the internet suggested a support group for all of my frustrations. So here i am. I look forward to learning how to be a great mom and to learn how to deal with current and future concerns.

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to the group and hopefully you will find the support you are looking for here, the group of woman in here are great at giving advice but just listening as well. Hang in there eventually you will get the handle on motherhood, and you'll realize that nothing will ever be quiet perfect but it does become manageable, so just remember to cut yourself some slack because as a mother you will judge yourself a whole lot and forget that even though you are a mom you are still human. Your child doesn't expect you to be perfect so neither should you. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome to the group.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs mama welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOLOSMOMMY11
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

IM A SINGLE PARENT TOO, BUT I LIVE WITH MY PARENTS. MY MOM HELPS ME ALOT AND SO DOES MY GRANDMOTHER (BABYSITTER). IT IS SCARY AND OVERWHELMING AT TIMES. MY SON EATS ALOT TOO HE ALWAYS HAS. NOW HE IS 18 MTHS AND STILL EATS US OUT OF OUR HOUSE. LOL..HOW OLD IS CT.

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Welcome to the group. It's tough being a single mom, but it's well worth it. You didn't mention the father, but you need to file for custody and child support. That way you're covered if he shows up wanting the baby and he owes it to his child to pay support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)