Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Will working from home affect custody of a nb?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 13 Replies
I'm thinking about working from home instead of going back to my family's business when my "maternity leave"is up. I handle all the accounts, finances, emails, and office work. Does this help with custody at all? My DD is 4 weeks old now and when she's older I do not want her in day care or left with baby sitters. If I do have to go in I am able to easily take her with me. BD works long hours 5 days a week and would not be able to watch her himself and I'm worried if it's split custody he'll leave her with his mom who lives in house full of chain smokers. I'd prefer she was with me since I can be with her 24/7 to ebf. Right now je only sees DD in his days off for about three hours. Supervised visits, someone from my family is always here with me.

Previous post:

mobile.cafemom.com/group/4509/forums/read/17859513/new_to_the_group_and_in_need_of_custody_advice
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I don't know but here's a bump!

MissKittyPurry
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Thank you! I'm new here, what is this bump business?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

As little as your daughter is, and since you're exclusively breastfeeding, it should be an advantage that you're going to be staying home with her.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM

It's something to talk to a lawyer/legal aid about when your going to court.  Good luck.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I agree with bri I would talk to an attorney you can usually get a free consult everyone's state law is different
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I agree with bri I would talk to an attorney you can usually get a free consult everyone's state law is different
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Bump is just what we put if we want to move the post to the top for more people to read
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:41 PM
We had a clause that if either of us needed daycare during our time (longer than 2 hours) the other parent was to be first to ask before using daycare. I believe its referred to as "right of first refusal"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Im sure it would help, but working from home while being the only one there to help with a baby is much tougher than it sounds. but, if it works for you, do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissKittyPurry
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Quoting LifeCafe42:

Bump is just what we put if we want to move the post to the top for more people to read

Thanks! I'm always on mobile and I guess it's not on here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN