Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Child support prosecution

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

I got a letter in the mail tonight that my case was referred to the prosecuting attorneys office. He hasn't paid since February last year (besides a tax refund intercept) and owes over 10K. I am so happy that they are finally doing something but terrified of his reaction.

I was wondering if anyone has been through this before and knows how long it takes once the referral is made to actually do anything. Is it going to be several more months before he is served and gets a court date or is this usually something that goes faster? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks  :)

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ckmom2013
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM

They did this to my BD. HE got a quick court date. When he went they told him pay 500 by the following week or a warrant will be issued for his arrest. I was hoping he didn't pay it lol. 

huntersmom88
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Yea it's Bull. I've been back and forth to court to get him arrested and he takes it lightly. And the court won't do anything! They suspended his license though and I hope I get his tax refund. This month well see. But when I got the referral it definitely didn't go any faster. Good Luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LauraMH
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Thanks ladies! I am hoping that they lock him up, and quickly. He acts like there are never any consequences for his actions and it is usually true. I really don't want to drag this out for months though.

ckmom2013
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Good luck. Where I am from, they have child support sweeps during the month of may I believe. If they catch anyone that owes 4K or more they get arrested, but I don't know how pick which ones they go after. I don't mean to be a bitch, but I hope they take him. He serves no purpose in society.

Quoting LauraMH:

Thanks ladies! I am hoping that they lock him up, and quickly. He acts like there are never any consequences for his actions and it is usually true. I really don't want to drag this out for months though.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM

No i haven't, but here is a bump...Good luck!

LauraMH
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Thank you very much. It really bothers me how many men get away without paying support. I'm glad he is finally going to have to answer for it, it just wish I knew more. Such as how long he would go away for or if he even will, how long the process will take and so forth. I hate not knowing.  

Quoting ckmom2013:

Good luck. Where I am from, they have child support sweeps during the month of may I believe. If they catch anyone that owes 4K or more they get arrested, but I don't know how pick which ones they go after. I don't mean to be a bitch, but I hope they take him. He serves no purpose in society.

Quoting LauraMH:

mhaney03
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM

It was fast for me.  We both got served with notice to appear in court once he hadn't paid in six months and the court date was only a month after we got served.

They didn't actually do him anything though, because he HAD paid up, it just took six effin months for the office to credit him for it.  We both went to court with proof that he paid.

nikkik526
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Good luck. In my state nothing has been done about my childrens father not paying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I haven't been thru that before so I don't know.  Here's a bump for ya with the hopes that other moms in here can help!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN