Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Interview :( or :) sign?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM
  • 9 Replies
Been job searching and had an interview today. I think it went well, but I wasn't offered the job today. The manager said that he had one other interview today and one tomorrow and that he would call or email me next Tuesday either way. He said he would be out of town until then and that's why it would take so long to get back with the applicants. To me that is a bad sign. I have heard that when they say "I have other interviews and will let you know either way" that basically they are trying to tell you that you didn't get the job. Is that true? It has been so long since I have been on an interview. I have been employed for the past 6 years. Has anyone had an experience like this and actually did get the job?
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mz23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Lol that happened to me. Well he was like I have other interviews and if your the one we'll call you.... But I think it just depends. Watch you will end up getting the job ; )
LauraMH
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:53 AM
It has happened to me more than once and I got 3 job offers. Don't stress about it. Where I work we speed interviews over about a week and a half. GL!! Hope you get it :)
LauraMH
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:55 AM
*spread
Cenedra64
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Yeah what the other ladies said. It doesnt mean you didnt get it just means they gotta be fair interview all applicants. However when ive got a job i knew. Like the one i got now. I just knew. Keep your chin up. You might be most qualified! Some interviewers want to see your reaction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morethanamemory
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I have been told that and still got the job.

Lol they just gotta be fair to the other interviewees since they already called them to come in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I have had them say that before and I did get the job.

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I think don't read too much into it I had interviewer say that to me and weeks later be offered the job, they have to interview everyone make sure they pick the right candidate. I say keep your hopes until you hear differently. 

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I've had to wait until they finish interviewing and have gotten the job before. They just want to be sure they choose the best person for the job. Don't sweat it, just wait till you hear something.

haydsmom2007
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:18 PM

no it doesn't mean you didn't get the job. They aren't just going to offer you the job without interviewing the other applicants. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN