Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not sure what to do!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone! i will try to make this as short as possible. I divorced my husband in 2008 and i started dating this guy I met through my bro. We started dating while I was seperated we got serious after divorced. My son and I moved in with him about a year and a half later. It did't work out. We have been on and off for 5 years. My problem is he eventually wants to move back in together...someday and I really don't think I want to live with him or any body else..ever! I'm living at my moms with my son and i'm going back to school and working. I talk to him about how I cant wait to get a better job and get my own place and he starts saying how he wishes things would of worked out with us living together, I'm thinking that I really need to focus on me and my son and getting my life together and that i really didnt take the time to do that when i first got divorced. Looking for advice or comments.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SKJ3Kiddos
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I say live with your mom until you are financially ready to move into your own place. I have lived with the father of my boys and when that didnt work out I moved into my own place. For about 5 years I lived alone. Recently moved back with my parents because I lost my job. Well my best friend of 9 years and I decided to finally become a couple. It seems so natural because we have known one another so long and else's know just about everything about one another. Well he wants to get a place together and I told him no. I am also in the process of working on myself as far as going back to school and looking for a job. I made a vow to myself to never live with another man unless I get married. Even though it's cheaper to live with someone and split the bills ..lol but I rather just wait until I can find a job and do it on my own.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I would just be honest with him and tell him that.

Threeboysemt1
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I think you shouldn't do it right now..if he really wants it he can wait
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Since it dindt' work out the first time I doubt it will again.  Just tell him no and finish your degree.  You need to get your life adjusted first. Like you said, focus on you and getting your own place. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN