Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

question of the day Thursday

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:59 AM
  • 17 Replies

Would you ever consider being a surrogate?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meg_the_Mermaid
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:17 AM

No, but only because I can't. I have too many health issues and no one in their right mind would ask me to be a surrogate, especially considering how dangerous my own pregnancy was and I couldn't even make it full term. So there ya go! 

Sj218
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Absolutely! I only have one child, but pregnancy was a breeze. Labor and delivery, no biggie....I was only in the hospital for 18hrs total and stopped at Starbucks on the way home. Giving up the baby that grew inside would be hard, but for a loving couple to become a family, I'd seriously be willing to help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrene88
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:45 AM
I've been thinking about this. I really would wanna help a couple out. I know it would be hard but I think I could do it for someone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lydi
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM

yes i would

justahousewife
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I've considered it but I'm not sure I could without some level of emotional difficulties. I love being mommy so I'd have a hard time not getting attached even while pregnant. :-/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I definately would if it were legal in my state. I have seen first hand how hard it's been for friends and family members trying to have children and adopt children, so I'm all for it if I could.

raegan1221
by Raegan on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Yes I would. I am around and know so many people who just cannot seem to get pregnant or carry a baby to full term and it's so heart breaking. I have great pregnancies and have never miscarried so I'd do it for someone in need.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM

No because honestly I don't think I would be able to carry a child for 9 months, give birth to it, and than give it to someone else to raise.  I would become to attached to the child. 

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM

no way

kristinas8
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Definately but I'm too old now. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN