Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Oops! Gave my 3 yr old Tylenol 2 hrs too early

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:47 AM
  • 4 Replies
My son had a really high fever earlier when I tried dosing him every 6 hours, the fever just took over. So I decided on every 4 hrs to keep on top of the fever. Well, I set my alarm so I would give him another dose at 4:30 am. I woke up and gave him his dose, only to realize I dreamt my alarm going off and turning it off, and actually gave him a dose at 2:30 am. Have I overdosed him? Is this ok as long as I don't do it again???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
navewife
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Yeah....I would make sure you wait a good 4-6 hours for the next dose though. Once is ok but too much is hard on their liver.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM

He will be fine. A dr told me that children have to take like over 7x (cant remember number exactly but it was high) the normal dose to overdose on tylenol. I would definately not make a habit of it though. Like pp said tylenol is hard on the liver

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM

You should be fine but if the fever is coming back before the recommend lapse time and it hasn't gone away I would call your son's doctor office, your son either isn't getting the right dosage or he may have an infection. For the longest time I was giving my son medicine based on age according to the label and then my doctor told me that since my son was actually above average for height and weight, he actually need more. So just check in with your doctor office but your should be alright. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I'm sure he will be ok but would definately keep an eye on him and double check the time before give his next does.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN