Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

single mom roommate?

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:41 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'll be turning 18 in may, I'm currently jobless but I'm searching. I was thinking about rooming with another single mom w one child like me. It'll be good/fun for the moms &the kids as well. Good idea or no?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morethanamemory
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
It could work. I had a friend that stayed at my dads with me. We would split groceries and babysitting and such. But she moved when she and her bf decided to move in together.
breebree04
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM

It could work if you can find someone that you trust and can get along with

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I have a neighbor in our building that those that. She got divorce but didn't want to sell her apartment so she posted an ad and found a single mom roommate as well, they been living together for a year now I think. Each mother has there own bedroom and there girls shared a bedroom together, the split the cost of the mortgage, cost of food, cost for the babysitter for their girls after school and they will take turns watching each children if one of them wants to go out in the evening or doing drop off and pick up from places. They seem to have a good working system and they are especially supportive of each other if one needs something. I personally think it's a good idea if you get along with the other mother and there are similar parenting styles.

MicahBoo07
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM

With anyone u do not know always do a back ground check first to make sure they are not wanted or have a history of any sort.

If u find a room mate that u click with that is always nice.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Personally I wouldn't want to be roommates with anybody but thats mainly because I like my independence and own space.  So unless it someone I'm married to/dating I wouldn't want to live with them.  Good luck!

Chelly118
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:09 PM

if you get a job, I think it's a good idea. You just gotta be careful on you share a place with. Like anyone if and cause issues. EG the person doesn't pay the rent, has crazy parties, is extremly messy, ect

You have to have an agreement, and what will happen if that agreement is not met

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Best to find a job first before rooming.  It is not always that easy - especially like you see on tv.

londonmmy23
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Do it learning experience. Helpful and a playmate.
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

It can work, but it's not as easy or good as it sounds. It's hard when your parenting methods and discipline are different than hers. I did it for a year and wouldn't do it again unless I had no choice. But, there's nothing wrong with giving it a shot.

JordynsMommy27
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Yeah, I understand about the different discipline ways. My daughter isn't bad, she's just very curious I like to say. &the bills &food. Im willing to share/go half on everything, I'm gonna try this out though. I just have to find the right mother.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN