Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

foot work of raising kids

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 10 Replies
Do you ever do all the foot work of raising a child and the dad takes all the credit?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
breebree04
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM

He doesnt get all the credit for raising the kids but I do everything I can to raise them and be a good mom and he does nothing ( he does pay cs but only because he doesnt have a choice its taken right out of his check) and the kids praise him like hes the best parent ever. One day when they are old enough they will see what Ive done for them and what he has done

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Yup. I do everything. School and sporting events, doctor appts, money (he pays no support), hugs them when sick , feed them... EVERYTHING. Yet every time they see him they do fun stuff so he gets all the glory. The kids will see when they get older.

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I'm actually not in that situation , sorry. My son is pretty aware of our family situation meaning he knows what he dad take care of and what I take care and who is there day in and day out. 

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM
My daughters dad does it and he thinks i'm gonna corrupt her nope he'll do that himself
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
susan92
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM

hell ya god its annoying

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I do alot of it, but my son is old enough that he's starting to realize what really happens vs what his dad says happens.

londonmmy23
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I do everything and he swears he father of the fuckin year. He works 2-12am n sleeps till. 11 tries to enforce rules and pisses me off. Change d maybe 6 diapers our kids 2. And never cleans.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:25 PM

No. He only got credit for buying all of the real expensive gifts.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM

not that i know of but id just laugh. who cares, i know the truth.

proudmother5946
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:39 AM
My ex brags about all of dd's accomplishments. He's done nothing towards them though. I've done the basketball, orchestra and schooling. I pay for everything. He acts like it's all him though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)