Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 5 Replies
even though my husband was not a good husband he is a great father..everyone tells me I should take him down for child support..my thing is he has the boys as much as I do...we have shared custody and with my work schedule some weeks he has them more then me..I work so much so I can afford for me and the boys to be on our own...the separation was very needed..yes he makes 3x more than me and I do struggle to pay my bills I'm not fighting him for the house because I don't want it...so if we both take care of the boys and he has them a lot should I still file for child support?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Even at 50/50 if there is a diff in income he should help some. The kids need to be equally provided for by each parent. Unless you agree to maybe him paying for ALL extracurricular, healthcare expenses, clothes or something like that in place of child support. You can't be expected to pay half of everything when dad make 3x what you do. Also you can see what state guideline is and request a lower amt if you feel its too high.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baseballmom5416
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:27 PM

this.

Quoting conniejo75:

Yes. Even at 50/50 if there is a diff in income he should help some. The kids need to be equally provided for by each parent. Unless you agree to maybe him paying for ALL extracurricular, healthcare expenses, clothes or something like that in place of child support. You can't be expected to pay half of everything when dad make 3x what you do

Threeboysemt1
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Ok thx!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM

If you are not able to support your children in a way that they were accustomed to before the seperation, then yes, you need to ask for child support for the time when they are with you.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

simple yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)