Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Welcome to the Single Moms group! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Single Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other single moms like you!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (881-890):
tazzangels3
by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this
thank you very much
ZedarT
by on May. 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi! I am Cedar, from Victoria BC. This week I am going thru my separation/divorce and have decided to logon CafeMom and get some much needed advise :(  I have two children (one special needs). Thank you.

ChelseaCan987
by on May. 28, 2013 at 5:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello my name is Chelsea I'm 18 years old and i have a 1 year old daughter.i left her dad because of family violence and now i am with this great guy who wants to be with me and my daughter. He is not a stranger we are friends since 10Thu grade and he was always there for me. I'm really happy and violet (my daughter) like him too, but am i doing the right thing. Was it too fast? Is my daughter too young? please help i get a lot of negative talk from my sisters saying I'm a bad mother.

TaeD
by on May. 28, 2013 at 7:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi! My name is LaQuantae and I am 23 years old. My son, Kymani, is 10 months and he is my very first child. We have lived on our own since he was about seven weeks old, well to be more specific we've had our own place since he was seven weeks old but we've been alone since the day he was born. He father, who was my best friend for 6 years prior to my getting pregnant, left us both (and good riddens!) but now that I've seemed to worked out some sort of stability I feel more unstable than ever. Things are tough. Money is tight and being alone in all this is the hardest part of all for me. I love my son and I love being a mother but lately I just find myself feeling more and more overwhelmed. I am trying to find joy for myself outside of being a mother, but the day to day grind of just being a single mother makes that task so much harder. 

TaeD
by on May. 28, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ChelseaCan987:

Hello my name is Chelsea I'm 18 years old and i have a 1 year old daughter.i left her dad because of family violence and now i am with this great guy who wants to be with me and my daughter. He is not a stranger we are friends since 10Thu grade and he was always there for me. I'm really happy and violet (my daughter) like him too, but am i doing the right thing. Was it too fast? Is my daughter too young? please help i get a lot of negative talk from my sisters saying I'm a bad mother.

Chelsea, 

I think you should trust your instincts. If you feel that this man is going to treat you and your daughter with the care, love and respect that you both need/deserve you shouldn't feel ashamed at all and you shouldn't allow anyone to let you feel ashamed either. It's hard finding a person who will accept a child that is not biologically their's so as long as he is good to you and your daughter you should hold on to that happiness you find with him. Your daughter is young but as long as you are cautious about the compnay you keep around yourself and your daughter you should be fine. I hope this helps! :)

LaQuantae

Div0709
by on May. 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello ladies... Im new to cafemom but I used to be a member before. My life has changed and I need the support from fellow mothers. Looking to make friends and get advice.

hearmecom
by on May. 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello. My name Nikki and I have a two 1/2 year old girl named Evelyn.  I've been separated from my ex for almost a year. Yesterday I found out he's going to have a baby some time this year. That's one of the main reasons for me joining. I can't comprehend how he can bring another life into this world when he cant even manage to take care of his first. I've had a rocky relationship with him since the beginning, no abuse. Him just being a moron and sooo irresponsible. (Thus the other kid)

Anyway, I can manage a laugh. He lives in his car, his family wants nothing to do with him. He's the one who makes everyone elses lives look that much better...

Probably a horrible person for laughing. But this is cause and effect. Just that simple.

happymommy82
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:38 AM
3 moms liked this

Hello all! Long time CM member, but have been away for a while...maybe even years. anyways, I'm back and looking to reconnect, make some new friends, and just have some fun for me. 

A little bit about myself: I'm 31, divorced, single mommy to Liriel (6) and Charis (4) full time college student working towards my AAS in Business Administration. I just moved into my own place EVER after renting two bedrooms in my mother's house for almost three years. it's exciting to be in my own place and yet stressful at the same time. Juggling all the bills, school, and trying to make sure my girls are getting the love, attention, and care they need has me exhausted most of the time. 

Um....not sure what else to share, but look forward to getting to know you all a bit more as time goes on. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Group Admin on May. 29, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Cedar. 

Quoting ZedarT:

Hi! I am Cedar, from Victoria BC. This week I am going thru my separation/divorce and have decided to logon CafeMom and get some much needed advise :(  I have two children (one special needs). Thank you.

Cafe MichelleP
by Group Admin on May. 29, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Welcome to the group Chelsea

Quoting ChelseaCan987:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN