Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the Single Moms group! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Single Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other single moms like you!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (1211-1220):
mitty18
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm misty. I have an almost six year old son, a three year old daughter, and a 22 month old baby with Epilepsy.
Just became a single mom three days ago...

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Welcome Misty!

Quoting mitty18:

I'm misty. I have an almost six year old son, a three year old daughter, and a 22 month old baby with Epilepsy.
Just became a single mom three days ago...

LucindaSwift
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi,

I'm a single mom to an almost 3 year old beautiful baby (okay, toddler) girl. I've been going through a divorce for 14 months, and it is getting flustering being drug out so long. I've essentially been a single parent the entire time, and it has been lonely. My family live far away and my friends are all single or married without kids. I'm looking to meet other single moms that I can develop friendships with. My daughter and I live nirth of Knotts Berrg Farm and I work inext to the John Wayne airport. My saughter and I are HUGE Disney fans. Anyone in the Orange County/LA County bordering areas that could use a new friend, please let me know!!!
LucindaSwift
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that your ex has taken such action. It I a ploy, plain and simple. Gather character witnesses that can vouch your son was safe at your mothers, and that can also attest to his going there on (what sounds like) a regular and/or yearly trip and that nothing has ever happened to your son while in your mothers home. At the same time, document any and all incidents in which your ex was an unstable or dangerous parent, try to recall dates an details as much as possible. It is better to be over prepared than under prepared as it sounds like your ex is going to play every nasty trick in the book. Keep strong and toe the line so your ex can't say you are a bad mom or an endangerment to your son. Good luck.

Quoting StarEyez:

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been in cafemom in a while, but I need to vent and talk to others who are maybe going to the same thing i'm dealing with now.

I'm a newly single mom, dealing with custody issues with my ex/son's father. For last two years, my ex had been verbally abusing me. We had a heated arguement last month, which was the breaking point for me.  After that incident, I felt afraid for myself and my son.  I was scared he was going to kill me or seriously hurt me. I made the decision for me and my son to leave. In a couple of weeks after that incident my son went to my mom's for his summer vacation with her. During that time, I was prepping for myself and my son to move to a safer location.  On last day before I was scheduled to move out of the house we shared. My ex  and his mother drove to my mom's house, which is out of state, with a summons for custody. Luckily it was just a summons and my son didn;t leave with him that day.So I went to my mom's immediately  to make sure my son was safe. A few days later (yesterday) he came back with an emergancy order for custody saying that he didn't know where my son was and that he was in an unsafe enviroment.  He had the sheriff there to issue the order and take my son away from me. I am beyond devastasted. My baby boy is gone!! My mom was taking great care of him and I am not a bad mom.  I love my son dearly and would do anything for him!! (crying while writing this) I have hired a lawyer in the county where the house we shared was and going to fight this bastard for taking my child away from me knowing that the only reason why I left was because it was a unsafe enviroment for my son and I.  I need some prayers as start this difficult journey to get my son back.

Ambers_mommy12
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi my name is Rachelle I have a almost one lil princess who is my whole world my daughter father and i broke up when she was  a week old because he was cheating and 4 days later married the girl he cheated on me with and got pregnant. He dosent help in anyway so i dont speak to he or see him he hasnt seen her since she was about 4 months old. Iv been rasing her with my mom and grandma and little brother they have been soooo helpful im glad i have my family by my side and i know i can count on them My daughters father blames me him and his wife email me and tell me how horrible of a mother i am and my daughter will hate me for keeping her from him. I simply tell him he help he sees her but so far nothing him and his wife have a totally of 9 kids 4 hers and 4 him and one together and she lost her 2 sons and they do nothing to help Am i the bad one for keeping her from him when he does nothing for her or his other kids? 

Ambers_mommy12
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi, I dont think you selfish for it I think if him being the makes u miserable and thats all your lil one will know so it best to make your self happy so you can lead by example isnt that part of being a mom?

singlemom2014
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Hey I'm Cheyenne. I'm 16weeks pregnant. me and the father of my baby have been together up until July 15th when he lefted me....I havent heard from him ever since we got in a text arguement..So I lefted him alone..This is my first baby and my due date is January 13. Im 20 and looking for work so I can support me and my baby.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting LucindaSwift:

Hi,

I'm a single mom to an almost 3 year old beautiful baby (okay, toddler) girl. I've been going through a divorce for 14 months, and it is getting flustering being drug out so long. I've essentially been a single parent the entire time, and it has been lonely. My family live far away and my friends are all single or married without kids. I'm looking to meet other single moms that I can develop friendships with. My daughter and I live nirth of Knotts Berrg Farm and I work inext to the John Wayne airport. My saughter and I are HUGE Disney fans. Anyone in the Orange County/LA County bordering areas that could use a new friend, please let me know!!!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Hi Rachelle, welcome!

Quoting Ambers_mommy12:

Hi my name is Rachelle I have a almost one lil princess who is my whole world my daughter father and i broke up when she was  a week old because he was cheating and 4 days later married the girl he cheated on me with and got pregnant. He dosent help in anyway so i dont speak to he or see him he hasnt seen her since she was about 4 months old. Iv been rasing her with my mom and grandma and little brother they have been soooo helpful im glad i have my family by my side and i know i can count on them My daughters father blames me him and his wife email me and tell me how horrible of a mother i am and my daughter will hate me for keeping her from him. I simply tell him he help he sees her but so far nothing him and his wife have a totally of 9 kids 4 hers and 4 him and one together and she lost her 2 sons and they do nothing to help Am i the bad one for keeping her from him when he does nothing for her or his other kids? 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:53 PM

welcome

Quoting Ambers_mommy12:

Hi, I dont think you selfish for it I think if him being the makes u miserable and thats all your lil one will know so it best to make your self happy so you can lead by example isnt that part of being a mom?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)