Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Welcome to the Single Moms group! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Single Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other single moms like you!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (241-250):
BLoNdIe121679
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Hey I'm Veronica from north Jersey. I have a 3 year old little girl and I've been single (divorced) for 2 years. I was married 5 years and it was very messy, ulgy divorce. Haven't tried to get into anything serious with anyone b/c mentally I am not in the right place to focus on anything like that, I just want to focus on my daughter. Its very difficult and the day to day struggles are a bit overwhelming at times, and it would just be nice to meet some single mothers who know where I am coming from. Its hard because most of my friends are either single w/out kids, or married w/ children. I have absolutely no one that can even TRY to imagine what my days are like or relate to my life.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Welcome LIssa!

Of course your kids come first, and I agree that you should give them all the love you have to give without feeling guilty.  I think this new man in your life is afraid you won't have enough love to give him after giving so much to the kids (which we as moms know is false).

(((hug)))

Quoting banginmom3117:

Hi, Im Lissa! I'm a single mom of 3 beautiful and energetic kids... 4,3,and almost 2 lol.... I know I have my hands full is what ppl say! I always think to myself doesn't every mom? Anyway, Me and they're dad have been split for two years and we have a fabulous friendship for our children... I know how lucky am I... Okay here's the deal I just started to date and it's serious! He's a great guy , but I'm starting to feel like he's jealous of my kids. I don't know if I'm just over reacting because I'm very OVER PROTECTIVE of my kids. He just says things to that burn my butt! He always has something to say about how I discipline my kids or the fact that I pick my kids up when they cry. I just believe all kids deserve love at every moment. I have little girls who need to know what love is so they dont go looking for it in the wrong place, and I have a son who needs to know how to treat a woman. I do hug my kids all day long and I tell them constantly that i love them! I don't know but my kids will always come first. I've told him this is about to be a deal breaker because I've had enough. I feel so disrespected no one has ever called me a bad mom.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM

welcome

Quoting cookin_mama665:

HI  - 

I'm Lafie and I am the proud mother of 3 children; DD, 13, DS, 7, and DS, 3; My life is CRAZY to say the least.  I look forward to talking with you all. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Welcome to the group.  

Quoting funmomma2013:

HI. I am a newly single mother of four. My youngest is almost 3 months old. My husband left us when I was 6 months pregnant with our latest baby and doesn't call or help me at all. I am all alone now raising four beautiful kids, wondering how I'll make this work with no help from him. I can't wait to meet other single moms dealing with dead beat dads. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Welcome to the group.  I can't imagine having a husband so far away, but I can understand you're feeling like a single mom at times.

Quoting NikiHawaii:

Although I am a married, my husband is always gone since he is in the military. I am used to him being gone. I feel that I could have some common interests as you ladies!   Anyways... I am 27 yrs old, living in hawaii and we have a 3 yr old daughter.  I work from home whenever I want, so I have lots of free time to chat. Send me a message :)

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Veronica, welcome to the group.

Quoting BLoNdIe121679:

Hey I'm Veronica from north Jersey. I have a 3 year old little girl and I've been single (divorced) for 2 years. I was married 5 years and it was very messy, ulgy divorce. Haven't tried to get into anything serious with anyone b/c mentally I am not in the right place to focus on anything like that, I just want to focus on my daughter. Its very difficult and the day to day struggles are a bit overwhelming at times, and it would just be nice to meet some single mothers who know where I am coming from. Its hard because most of my friends are either single w/out kids, or married w/ children. I have absolutely no one that can even TRY to imagine what my days are like or relate to my life.

singlemamax4
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi,I'm a single mom to 4 kids. We have not been living a "married" life for years but now we are seperated. My girls are 12 and 10 and boys 11and 5. My stbx is claiming he is going to take my kids away from me and Im scared to death. My kids are my life. We live in Wisconsin. If anyone has anything to say or some advice I would love to hear it. Also always looking for new friends. Have a great day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nana0507
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello Ladies,

My name is Nana, and I am a mother of a seven year old, apple of my eye, girl! I am new to this site, and new to single life (got divorced a year ago), so I thought that connecting with other single mothers would be helpful. I live in Chicago, I am new to budgeting and living frugal life style, but like Maya Angelou once wisely said: " When you know better...you do better":). Cheers to all of you!!

Nana0507
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM
2 moms liked this

The only way he can do this is if he can prove that you are mentally unstable, using drugs or alcoholic. He will say a lot of things to scare you but you have to be strong and not let him provoke you or see you scared! I was lucky to had easy divorce ( it was not easy emotionally for me at all, and I was also scared of being on my own), but my cousin had a similar situation like you...so I understand that is not easy for you. Good luck to you, stay strong and positive!

cookin_mama665
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello -

My name is LaFie and I am new to the group.  I look forward to talking with some women who might have a clue to what I go through as a single mother. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)