Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Welcome to the Single Moms group! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Single Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other single moms like you!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (281-290):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting Momofa14yrold:

Hi, I'm a 31 yr old single mom of a 14 yr old son. It's always just been my son and I, and I have never been married. He's a good kid and I do my best for him, yet lately I just am feeling frustrated and unable to see how I'm making a difference;( I love him, and want to be able to see the good in him instead of just focusing on all that is wrong...I'm working full-time and trying to find a satisfying career and dating a great new guy too who likes my son and my son likes him. Well, that's all for now. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM

welcome  It's nice to meet you!  I also have a child on the autism spectrum and one with ADHD.  It can sure make the rollercoaster of life interesting. ;)

Quoting hmmedasst:

Good Morning alol,

I am a single mom of two great kids.  My oldest is Harley she is 7 years old, she is a great kids but a handful she is Dx with ADHD/mood disorders. My youngest is Cody he is almost 6 and Dx with Autism.  My life can be stressful and very busy.  My ex and I were never married had been together going on 9 years, but have know each other for about 24 years.  He had issues of his own to deal with and I just couldn't take it any longer he has been gone for a little over 3 months now.  It's getting easier but still can be very stressful each day. Looking to meet some new friends who are in the same situation as myself.  Thanks for listening.

mirofox
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

hi my nome is houssin iam new here

sos36
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello. I'm Sara. I'm 36 & have an almost 3 yr old daughter. Her dad & I separated when she was 11 months old. I struggle with being a single mom & without the help of a few family members and a couple friends, it would be much, much harder. I get frustrated a lot with feeling clueless about motherhood.  I honestly feel like I'm winging it most of the time. I have concerns that I'm sure most single moms do. I'm hoping that by joining I can get more feedback with my concerns and how I handle this roller coaster ride of single motherhood.

SouthernMa87
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Hey everyone, my name is Noelle (like christmas) and I have an amazing 6 year old little girl named Cayla. I am 25 years old, single mother, and full time college student.

SouthernMa87
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

No Tiffany I do not think you are being selfish whatsoever. I am in a similar situation and it is extremely difficult. You are doing the right thing by asking him to move out. I would however give him the opportunity to be a father, make arrangements to where he has her a couple times in the week.

omgmom97
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello. I'm 49 years old and the single mother of a 15 year old daughter. I've been raising her both financially and emotionally without her father since she was born.

Until recently we have had what I considered to be a really good relationship. And until recently I always felt like being a mom was one thing I was really good at.

Now she is a teenager and I feel like I have no idea how to be a mother any more.

Everything I do or say seems to be a mistake. I question myself all the time now.  She has had social issues for as long as I can remember, but now that she is a teenager it seems to be worse, and now I'm not allowed to step in anymore.  And when I do, well lets just say she is known at her highschool now as the girl who no one wants to be friends with because they are all afraid of her mom.  This is mainly because I yelled at a group of kids, my daughter, her friends mother (I've since made amends to her) and one of her girlfriends when I went to pick her up.

I don't want her to be the social outcast, but I also don't want her hanging out with a group of kids who are disrespective and headed in the wrong direction. We fight all the time know and her disrespectfulness to me is getting more and more disturbing.

Not sure if any of you are old enough to have teenage kids or not, but if any of you do and can offer any advice I am all ears.

cowboygal
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:05 AM
2 moms liked this
My name is Rebecca and my divorce was finalized in November. I have 2 children. My ex is a deadbeat. Right now I am in school full time and set to graduate in June. I was a sahm for 6 years and very scared about going back out there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kianyanni
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Hello! I am Kiany,I'm 24. I have a beautiful baby boy names Noah who is 3 years old, and another beautiful baby boy named Ethan who is 2 years old :) I love it that people ask me if they are twins all the time! Me and the father arent together anymore but both my children were planned and he does pay childsupport voluntarily and is there for anything they need. so I am thankful for that much! I am super in love with my boys and I want more! not right away of course my hands are full :) but full of fun none the less! I guess the hardest thing about being a single mom is that I am so busy being an active mommy (first and always) that i dont have time really to really get out there and meet people. And i dont only speak in a romantic way, even just friends to have playdates with and just do girl things that i love doing! having two boys its "lighting mcqueen" and  "spider man" and i miss doing at home facials and toe painting lol... i guess as far as romantically goes i just dont have any time to fit in an attentive relationship and also i am terrified of my boys meeting someone who they learn to love and then breaking up with that person.... also the hardest thing i have had to deal with is daycares and babysitters.... its been no fun at all dealing with that! but it is all worth it when u have two jumping happy smiling babies around all the time :)

Kianyanni
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I was a SAHM for 2 years, and getting back to work is scary and so is childcare! but it does actually feel good! its refreshing sometimes too! I think as long as you go through your day with a smile and positive attitude it turns out okay and your learn to kinda just go with things as they come! good luck :) hope you find a great job with good people!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN