Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the Single Moms group! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Single Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other single moms like you!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
WillowsMommy25
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Tracy, I have been where you are. My ex left me when I found out I was pregnant because he was self centered and only concerned about his image. I know it is terrifying but when that baby comes, it will be the best thing that has ever happened to you. It will change your life forever and will mark the begining of your life. It is a lot of work but it is so worth is. This child will give you so much purpose and drive to make you the best possible person you can be. Don't be scared, just try to stay stress free and focus on you and your baby for now. Let everything else fall into place. Have you tried applying for WIC, Food Stamps, and Medicaid? It will help you so much!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM

wave

Quoting KerryJTL:

Just saying Hi, I am a single mom of a 4 year old boy. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Welcome Jessica, it's nice to meet you!

Quoting Mommy_jessaboo:

Hi I'm Jessica. I have two kids. My 3 year old boy his name is Taylor and my 5 month old daughter Madelynne. I am a single mom.. My kids have different dads. My sons father left when I was 2 months pregnant and has only been seen a few times after that. Then my daughters dad.. We were together on and off for a year and I got pregnant and we were together for about six months of my pregnancy, I ended moving into his parents house with him, but he ended up going behind my back with a previous on again off again ex and moved out to live with her while I'm currently still living in his parents house. The whole time he has been with his ex he tells me that he still wants to be with me and that he loves me and wants to be a family. It never got passed that point though. He only sees the kids about once a month. About two days after christmas his parents told me I needed to be out by the end of this month.. So i proceeded to tell my daughters father that this was going on. So his plan was to get an apartment together because I had no where else to go and he claimed that he wanted to get back together.. Well that was at the beginning of the month. So today I get a call from him (which by the way I hadn't talked to him since he said we should get an apartment.) He starts saying how he wants to take our daughter every other weekend and decides to tell me that his girlfriend is pregnant.. Im totally heartbroken even after everything he had already done to me I still completely love him and wanted to be with him.. Which is why I'm here now on this site. I want to come on here and find people that can relate to me, and just have someone to talk to. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Welcome Kristina!

Quoting WillowsMommy25:

Hi I'm Kristina, I am 23 years old..single momma of a beautiful 7 month old baby girl :) I am new to the site, just looking for other single moms and possibly playdates with other kiddos :)

kimkayla
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello everyone

My name is Kim and I have a 6 year old little girl that is the light of my life.

MomofCarson09
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello, My name is Sarah and I have a 3 1/2 year old boy.  I'm a single mom who has full custody and financial responsiblity of my child by my own choosing.  Life is very difficult being a single mom as all of you may know and I'm finding a hard time balancing the stress of life and being a full time parent.  My son is a very active hyper child and I am finding it hard to have him focus long enough to listen to me.  Particularly when we have just come out of time out and I'm trying to explain why he was in it.  He is a very strong willed child and he does get that from me but after everyday coming home from work and having him not listen I just feel like I'm at my breaking point with him and nothing is working.  Time out doesn't work, sending him to his room doesn't work, taking toys away doesn't work, I can't seem to find anything that gets his attention long enough for him to understand what he is doing is wrong.  I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall and barely making a dent...  If anyone has any advice or words of wisdom I would greatly appreciate anything you have to offer.

Signed,

The busted head mom.

MomofCarson09
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi Tiffany, I may be on the the same side of the fence as you but for a different reason.  My son's father does not see him anymore simply because he couldn't change his life style and be a real parent to him so i cut him out.  I know the decision is hard to make for any mom and I deal with the doubt every day, but you have to ultimately decide what is best for your daughter.  Really it's not about your relationship with this man anymore it's about what you think is best for her regaurdless of how uncomfortable it makes you feel.  If you think it's best for him to not be around then you go with that.  Only you know what is right and wrong in your situation and only you decide what you are going to do.  I can tell you it is getting difficult now that my son is starting to understand his father isn't around and we are having to go through the "daddy" talk, and he may be mad at me later in life for my decision as well but I did what I thought was best for him and you I'm sure will do the same.  Good Luck girl!  And I hope this helps :)

ROXYANDTRIS
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi!

I am new here too, welcome all my fellow newbies! I am a 28yro divorced single mother of a four year old his name is Tristan. We just moved up not to long ago and don't have many girlfriends with children. I live in Cardiff by the sea, if any moms are I that area lets do a momy and me day sometime, send me an inbox!

Roxy & Tristan
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MixtlisMomme
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

No you are not being selfish ..you are being smart!. Goodluck

doodysmom08
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi am amy i have two boys dylan 5 and colton 1.I am still married two coltons father but we don't live with eachother anymore.I had to move back in wiht my parents.Am trying to start my life over again it get hard but we make it somehow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)