Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the Single Moms group! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Single Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other single moms like you!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (451-460):
jessim83
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi! I'm Jessica. I have a little girl that is 7. Her Dad and I have been divorced for almost 4 years. When we first split, he didn't have much to do with our daughter. I fell in love with another man whom my daughter adored as much as I did. We relocated 3 hours away and I married him. My ex only saw our daughter one weekend per month and she spent 90% of those weekends with his parents while he went out to bars. Within the past year, he has remarried himself, and apparently "seen the error of his ways". Now he gets her every other weekend and we are constantly fighting. He picks fights over everything and now says I took her away from him and has even told our child this nonsense. I worry when she is gone. She comes back dirty and wreaks of cigarette smoke. He picks fights and lies about things that happened during our divorce. The two weekends a month that I drop her off with him are nightmares, because he has to create drama. This is wearing on me emotionally and even effecting my current marriage.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abbybabylove
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi there mommies and mommies to be.the name is Abigail and I have recently found out I was pregnant after me and my fiance broke up. At this moment there is no contact between me or him and he knows about the expectant baby but I am going strong and looking forward to this little blessing in my life. please to meet all you:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM

welcome

Quoting Bree62012:

Hey I'm Bree a single young mother of an 8 month old girl. The father is not a part of our lives and I think it is best that way, at least with him. We live at home with my mother to help take care of her since her heart attack last year.

Cafe AmyS

Welcome Eileen!  Congrats on your pregnancy.

Quoting scared227:

hi I'm Eileen. I just got confirmation today that I'm 3 weeks pregnant. This is my first. I'm in shock, I'm scared, I'm excited. the father and I are not really together. I'd actually decided to stop seeing him and this happens. I'm just looking for help, answers, tips and advice wherever I can get it.

Cafe AmyS

Welcome Lisa!

Quoting Mom2CMW:

Hi ladies, I'm Lisa and the proud mommy of 4 year old Christian. Christian's father and I separated March 2011 and divorce final June 2012. He left and since that time 2 years ago I have been in survival mode. Some days and months better than others but since December 2012 I've hit a level depression that has been paralyzing. Significant factor in December is that I wouldn't let Christian spend the night at the hotel with his dad and girlfriend. since that time he has chosen to disown my precious baby due to his anger at me. He refuses to talk to him or answer any of his calls. I am now so depressed. I feel so guilty as this is all my fault. I'm angry. I hate him. I'm bitter. I'm resentful. I need your support before i fall apart.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Hi Lori, welcome to the group.

Quoting alanasmumma:

My name is Lori- I'm a 28 year old single mom of 2 daughters (8 and almost 5.) I have been a single mom for a majority of their lives- even while I was married- my ex husband was in the military and was gone a lot and we separated 4 years ago. I was a single mom when I met him and have been doing things on my own since I left him. I recently became unemployed due to my company closing so I am having to readjust to being a stay at home mom- which is a big change for me since I have worked at least part time (minus a year and a half total) since I was 16. I am looking forward to connecting with other single moms since I don't get out much.

Cafe AmyS

Hi Cassie.  Welcome!  

Quoting cassfrog7:

Hi!  I am Cassie.  I am Mom to two wonderful kids; Charlotte (about to be 5) and Grant (2 1/2)!  I was married for nine years when my husband decided that he didn't want to be married anymore.  I am still struggling with being alone and explaining things to my kids.

I live in Alabama and all of my family is in New Jersey.  I decided to stay here because I couldn't afford to live up there and couldn't imagine living with my parents.  I have been living on my own for three months now, and have not found a job yet.  I attempted to do the right thing by moving my food stamps from one county to the one I am in now, and have been denied here.  UGH!  I don't know what I am going to do!

I hate to complain, because I know so many have it worse.  I am just feeling very lost!

Cafe AmyS

welcome  It's nice to meet you Jessica!

Quoting jessim83:

Hi! I'm Jessica. I have a little girl that is 7. Her Dad and I have been divorced for almost 4 years. When we first split, he didn't have much to do with our daughter. I fell in love with another man whom my daughter adored as much as I did. We relocated 3 hours away and I married him. My ex only saw our daughter one weekend per month and she spent 90% of those weekends with his parents while he went out to bars. Within the past year, he has remarried himself, and apparently "seen the error of his ways". Now he gets her every other weekend and we are constantly fighting. He picks fights over everything and now says I took her away from him and has even told our child this nonsense. I worry when she is gone. She comes back dirty and wreaks of cigarette smoke. He picks fights and lies about things that happened during our divorce. The two weekends a month that I drop her off with him are nightmares, because he has to create drama. This is wearing on me emotionally and even effecting my current marriage.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Welcome Abigail, congrats on your pregnancy!

Quoting abbybabylove:

Hi there mommies and mommies to be.the name is Abigail and I have recently found out I was pregnant after me and my fiance broke up. At this moment there is no contact between me or him and he knows about the expectant baby but I am going strong and looking forward to this little blessing in my life. please to meet all you:)

shoegirl26
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi! My name Is Tara. I have two girls ages 7 and 4. I am currently at the beginning of a divorce. Just looking to connect with some other single moms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)