Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Welcome to the Single Moms group! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Single Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other single moms like you!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (471-480):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Welcome Melanie!

Quoting smilymel:

Hi My name is Melanie. I'm 33yr old single mom. I have a 1yr old son who means the world to me. I never thought I'd be blessed with children, but life surprises you sometimes. My relationship with his father was not healthy and I could not continue and allow my son to grow up believing this is how you treat someone. His father has moved away and doesn't bother to call and see how he is doing, nor does he send me any support. I have done this financially alone and looks like it will continue that way. It gets hard being a single mom at times. It would be really nice to have someone to talk to sometimes.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Hi there!  Welcome to the group.

Quoting Ocean-Isles:

Hello everyone. I'm a mother of two awesome kids; 8 (girl) and 5 (boy) and they are my everything. I've been married for 20 years and have been separated for 2. It's been an emotional roller coaster and I have yet to make a final decision on the marriage. I'm hoping that I'm not the only woman in the world in this predicament. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM

welcome

Quoting cjdbmom_10:

Hi, im keneisha and i have a 2 year old boy (yikes terrible two's) lol...anyways I dont have bd drama and I am just on here to meet new friends....

bcruick
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi!! My name is Bobbi. I have three children 18, 13 and 10. I have been seperated from my husband for over a year now. And I feel it was the best decision I made for my children. We struggle but who doesn't!?!

Newmom1993
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this

hello,My name is Briah i am currently pregnant, I am 19 years old,the childs father and I arent together, never was. we met in college and me being younge and trying to have fun, we ended up making a beautiful baby..but i am in a relationship currently, well trying to make it work. the childs father dosent show support now, so i know in the future i wont be getting any.

BreydensMomma
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello my name is Sonjia or Sunni. I am 22 years old and have a 4 year old little boy named Breyden. I have been separated from his father since he was 1 but he sees him every weekend (to my disliking). I work at an after school program and attend college. I am 3 years into my Associates Degree and have been struggling to finish. (Seems every semester something crazy happens in my life) I may be young but I'm not a partier, so finding friends around my age is very difficult because most of them would rather party then stay home. Don't get me wrong, I like going out but my idea of out is a restaurant to grab drinks and be home by like 9pm. Since October I have been dealing with very extreme circumstances and would love to find a mom I could find to talk to about it. I don't want to discuss it on my intro but feel free to message me. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

mommygoddess75
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi Chloesmommy12, this is like going back in time for me. I have 14, 12, and an 8 year old daughters. My 14 year old daughter was five when I broke up with they're father because he was cheating. We tried for a while to live together but that did not work. There was a lot of tension in the home, lack of communication , etc. I don't think you're being selfish. It comes a time when we as mothers have to think outside the box and look at the big picture. She's very young right now but she can since your feelings. And being the loving mom you sound like you are it seems like you would'nt want you child to grow up in a peaceful house where mom is happy too. I think you're making a mature decision even though it probably doesn't feel good. Good luck with everything.
mommygoddess75
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi Ladies, My name is mommygoddess75..I am 37 with three exceptional daughters ages 14, 12, and 8. They're second, sixth, and ninth at three different schools. I have been a single mom practically since my daughters were born. My youngest daughter was in need of a liver transplant which led me to move ga. seven years ago and uproot my family at ages 2,5,and by myself and move to ga. from tn. for ga.'s medical capabilities. Since I've been here I've pretty much made my life about my daughters and making sure they're nurtured and well cared for so it feels like I've been living in my own little world outside of the real world not to mention I've been a full time hands on stay at home mom for the past decade. Although my daughter are very well rounded and honor roll students I am completely burned out so I'm on auto pilot and researching coping strategies to overcome the burnout which led me to the first step of creating my life now so here I am taking the first step to connect with other moms. This should be fun.
HannaSu
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi! I'm Hanna from KL, Malaysia..

Looks like i will not be able to meet and have coffee with any of you here... but hope we still can share and chat about issues as single mom.. hehe... keep in touch! ^_^

OhhMissDuhh
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi, Im DeLaney and I have an 12 week old daughter named Dahlia Lenore. Im having alot of trouble adjusting with my family (parents) and everyday life. The father is not involved at all and hasnt been sense day 1. So this is the reason why I joined this site. I need help, advice and kind words to help me pick back up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN