Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the Single Moms group! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Single Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other single moms like you!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (51-60):
ivyanasmom
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
3 moms liked this

My name is Stacie, I'm 29 and am a recently single mother of 2 girls. My oldest is Amaya, almost 12 and Ivyana my baby is 18mons. Just looking to meet other single moms who understand what I'm going through.

Melis1986
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi I have a new baby he's three months his father and I dated awhile back and thought we would give it another go but then he found out I was preganat he didn't wanna really be part of that he was worried about child support and so on..I told him its fine Ill do it by myself I welcome it he will be all mine even better:-) I also told him don't worry I'm not gonna try and get you for child support he put me through a lot let's just say...my life sory on everything is pertty long and sad but I just hope to make some friends here I'm vvery good at helping others just not always myself!!! Melis
lizard11080
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi Everyone!  I'm Lizette and I am a single mother to a wonderful little 3 year old boy.  We live in SC and haved been here almost three years and love it.  I left his alcoholic father when he was 4 months old and moved 500 miles away to take a job transfer.  At first, it was hard...not having any support system, but I am much happier and I know so is he.  The life we would have had with his father would not have been good.  I do not have any regrets and I do not keep his father from seeing him....if he wants to visit he can, and when i visit family i stop by his fathers side as well. 

UnChic
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi, everyone!  I'm very new to this site; but hope it can help me out.  I'm 33 years old, and expecting my first baby in June.  The father (sperm donor) walked out of my life, and for the best of the baby & I.  I didn't take him back.  I could go on and on about him, but it's not going to do anything.  But get me mad.   I look forward to getting meeting new people, and hope to make some new online friends. 

Lalalonely
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:58 PM
3 moms liked this

my name is melissa, i am 14w3days. my x finace left me on New years day when i was 11 weeks, He proposed to me on Dec 8th 2012 and three weeks later told me he only proposed because i am withchild and that he no longer loves me and hasnt for awhile. We had a rocky relationship. He constantly had affairs and destroyed my self esteem and my trust. I thought everything was finally going to work out when he actucally had the balls to asked me to marry him. im so extremely hurt. i am so stressed as well as i lost my stressful job at the same time, now i am living with my parents, broke, jobless and single. I suffer from severe morning sickness and i have barely left my room this past month. my x and i havent spoken. after 25 days he texted me and said " hey, i know you probably dont want to talk to me but i am curious to how things are going?" this upset me because when he ended it with me he disrespected me and said awful things like he is praying for a miscarriage.why would he put me through such grief. after 5 years of forgiving his mistakes and the ups and downs, i thought my fairy tale was finally coming true. He would be a great husband and father, but he has bailed and turned into a monster i do not recongize.

Does it get easier? will i get over this depression? Will he come back to be in our lives?

teamwilson
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi I'm Angela. Mother of two lil girls ages 4 and 6. They are the light of my life. Everyday I get to wake up to them and care for them makes me smile. I have just joined this site to get some insight on parenting and possibly meet some new friends. I am a single mom raised by a single mom and we are making it work with the support of my family and friends.

dmg46517
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi, my name is Diane. I am 50 years old and a single mom of 4 wonderful children. I have 3 other children from a previous marriage who are grown and on their own. The children at home are 8, 11, 17, and 18. I was married to their father for about 10 years. During that time we lived a roller coaster life.When the baby was 2 weeks old we suffered a fire which only fueled our disfunctional life. I finally realized enough was enough and left, relocating safely to my sister's home, 12 hours away from a place I called home for many years. This was the best decision I have ever made. We have experienced some bumps along the way and even gave "baby daddy" another chance but it did not work out again, go figure.  Now the kids realize why we had to move.  So we may not live a charmed life but I do have peace in my life and feel safe far away from a man who created so much frustration, hatred, and inconsistency.

DJP39
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, my name is Doris. I am 39 and the mother of 2 teenage boys. They are 14 and 15. They are my life although they drive me a bit crazy sometimes. :)  I am looking forward to meeting new moms and getting new friends.  

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM

welcome

Quoting kimkayla:

Hello everyone

My name is Kim and I have a 6 year old little girl that is the light of my life.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Hi Sarah!  Welcome to the group!

Quoting MomofCarson09:

Hello, My name is Sarah and I have a 3 1/2 year old boy.  I'm a single mom who has full custody and financial responsiblity of my child by my own choosing.  Life is very difficult being a single mom as all of you may know and I'm finding a hard time balancing the stress of life and being a full time parent.  My son is a very active hyper child and I am finding it hard to have him focus long enough to listen to me.  Particularly when we have just come out of time out and I'm trying to explain why he was in it.  He is a very strong willed child and he does get that from me but after everyday coming home from work and having him not listen I just feel like I'm at my breaking point with him and nothing is working.  Time out doesn't work, sending him to his room doesn't work, taking toys away doesn't work, I can't seem to find anything that gets his attention long enough for him to understand what he is doing is wrong.  I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall and barely making a dent...  If anyone has any advice or words of wisdom I would greatly appreciate anything you have to offer.

Signed,

The busted head mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)