Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

why is it that these guys think...

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:55 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

that they are our everything?

if you know my story, then you will probably get this; or if you have a similar story you can probably compare.

so my bd thinks that me having any social network is bad, but him having another kid by someone else who is only 2 months older than my son, okay? seriously?

he told me last night that he was "done" and i say okay whatever, same ol crap different day. eventually he will want to come back.

i am seriously sick of all the dumb ol antics and crap. I did not get whta i needed getting back with him so i do not care. both our faults for again hurting our 2 children but i need to put a halt to it.

i know some of you will say why did i get back with him, blah blah blah. I am not looking for any of your personal opinions on my relationship, rather input on why guys think that we women will just stick around for everything? I know the old "well you allow it" will come up.

i just find it hilarious. on the otherhand, i have already been talking to someone else so i really dont care. i already knew it led to disaster. whatever.

random rant/vent. enjoy maybe?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommysTimeOut5
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM

no judgement at all, some people do have children with someone they still or once loved so it is normal to be on and off with him. Just do what's best for you and your children

Dmathon
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I think guys think that we will always stick around because we are loving people, we care too much, we love too much. And we generally don't want to see other people fail/get hurt! Not trying to get into your relationship AT ALL! but what worked for me was establishing a certain limit. Letting him know that past was the past and that ya'lls main focus is your children!  Me and my bd were cival because we wanted the best for our daughter we established the weekends he'd get her and what time i'd pick her up! It takes A LOT of work. And is emotionally EXHAUSTING! i just don't think guys realize how much we do and how much work things take until its all said and done. or until they have to do it themselves. I joke all the time with my bd he would never be able to me a mommy 24/7 thats why he is content with his everyother weekend and one day a week :) haha

AO-88
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I'm not sure why they do that. My ex thought the same that I could be on his back burner. Found someone else and shOck my ex loves me wants me back. Sorry guy you weren't worth the headache.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Men who are scumbags will keep coming back for as long as they know they can.  This is not to bash, but that's the only reason for it.

My ex was like that.  He was married, then divorced but still living with his wife.  He continually cheated on her, in and out, and she always took him back.  He knew she would NEVER kick him out, so he took advantage of that.  He tried that with me as well.  Ditched me when I was pregnant, tried popping back in twice after my son was born, until I finally said NO MORE.  It's nerve wracking!

Men like that will not change. 

TinaCrystal
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:59 AM
they get too comfortable forgetting that they can eventually be replaced...... men like to feed there ego by being players they're idiots, cause it can easily happen back to them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Well, it is true that they do it because we tolerate it and let them get by with it. But, if you're done with him, go on and don't worry about him anymore.

zebralove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Thanks everyone.

Yeah I know it all myself because I have told people and given the advice and truth that is so hard for myself to swallow. Lol.

He says he wants us to work out but has had no contact with me and after nearing 10 years, you'd think he'd grow up and make decisions.

I'm just forgetting to be able to forgive And move on
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:53 AM
It ends when we say it ends. Pure and simple. Men come back coz yes we allow it. We're the old comfortable run back to when all else fails in their lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:16 AM
My ex I found out after I had the baby he was with me and another person the while time and didn't know who to pick so when he was "looking for work without success " he was just bouncing back and forth. Only you can decide what's best for you and your children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)