Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm so lost!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM
  • 7 Replies
My boyfriend and I have been together for almost two years now, and tonight we had our first big fight. I'm not even sure how it really started but I know we got into it about my son and our baby on the way. And he was complaining about how I'm always texting ds's father and trying to get him to visit his son. He thinks I still have feelings for my ex. (I don't). And he feels like I'm not 100% into our relationship like I should be. But I am. He left the house and hasn't picked up the phone. Apparently he's been feeling this way for the last 8 months. How do I get it through his head that I have no feelings for my ex and I want nothing to do with him? I'm so hurt that he would think this, let alone fight with me about it. How do I go about this conversation ( if he ever answered the phone or comes back home)?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommyandme878
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM

BUMP!

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM

All I know to do is keep reassuring him that you only want the ex around for your child. Quit texting him. If he doesn't want to be a dad, your texts won't change his mind.

breebree04
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I would just explain to him that you are only looking out for your ds best interest and that includes his dad being a part of his life but that is the extent of your relationship with him. Maybe ask your bf what he thinks you should do and how he thinks you should handle your ex. Maybe you can come up with something you agree on so your bf doesnt feel insecure about your relationship

victoriangavin
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Agreed and if your bf is already being a father figure to your son he might also feel like you think your ex is a better dad. If your ex honestly wanted to be a good dad his son would come first. Do your relationship and ya'lls little family a favor and let your bf be dad if he wants

Quoting Robsessed98:

All I know to do is keep reassuring him that you only want the ex around for your child. Quit texting him. If he doesn't want to be a dad, your texts won't change his mind.

Mommyandme878
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Thank you, he came home and we discussed the situation and since my ex walked out of my sons life I won't be pushing it on him to come back. My boyfriend is an amazing father figure for my son and I  know he'll be a great dad to our daughter. We've decided to put my ex behind us and move on with our little family.

Quoting victoriangavin:

Agreed and if your bf is already being a father figure to your son he might also feel like you think your ex is a better dad. If your ex honestly wanted to be a good dad his son would come first. Do your relationship and ya'lls little family a favor and let your bf be dad if he wants

Quoting Robsessed98:

victoriangavin
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM
That's good to hear! Congrats on ya'lls baby girl

Quoting Mommyandme878:

Thank you, he came home and we discussed the situation and since my ex walked out of my sons life I won't be pushing it on him to come back. My boyfriend is an amazing father figure for my son and I  know he'll be a great dad to our daughter. We've decided to put my ex behind us and move on with our little family.

Quoting victoriangavin:

Quoting Robsessed98:

Mommyandme878
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Thank you!

Quoting victoriangavin:

That's good to hear! Congrats on ya'lls baby girl

Quoting Mommyandme878:

Quoting victoriangavin:

Quoting Robsessed98:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)