Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ex with a big mouth

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM
  • 8 Replies

My ex-husband continues to talk with my daughter about our custody case and I can't do anything about it. I have been divorced for 3 years. I was bullied into mediation during our divorce so I didn't do what was right regarding the custody of our daughter. Now I am. He has remarried and has chosen to eliminate virtually all communication with me to co- parent. I hired an attorney and decided to fight for what is right for my daughter. We are nearing our court date and he and his wife continue to talk in front of our 8 year old.It is disgusting! Tonight she said her dad is sad because he is going to lose time with her. Ugh! Nothing is final so I think nothing should be said to her yet. She has been in the middle for too long and he continues to make it worse. I am really hopeful for a good outcome!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mandi0913
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I have an ex just like yours makes me wanna tape his mouth shut. Good luck momma. Keep us updated please.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudmother5946
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd's dad constantly tells her all of his financial and physical woes. His back is bad, his knees are bad. He can't pay his bills. All he eats is a can of Vienna sausages for lunch, etc.
She's actually begged me to not make him pay child support.
He has money. He just likes to spend it on beer, cigarettes and the lottery.
He confides in her like she's an adult. If he hadn't told her, she wouldn't have even known about the CS or any of the other court stuff. But because he ran his mouth, I had to explain it to her.
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:16 AM
1 mom liked this

That is disgusting!  I'm sorry.  :(  I hate when a man gets a new woman in his life and then refuses to continue to be mature with his ex/co-parent.  Hope court goes in your favor! 

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My ex is the same way. So sorry you are going through that. It sickens me that anyone would do that to a child. Some of the things said to my kids made me want to never let him talk to the kids again!!
Just keep doing what you are doing. As hard as it is, don't talk badly about her dad and eventually she will see and what he is doing. Good luck mama!!
Meg10
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

My DH's ex is the same way with my SD's.

supermama1975
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM

wow, thanks everyone! I have been feeling very alone and am so grateful to have found this group!

lesgvc
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM

When my hubby and I separated, we chose to co parent and still do special occasions together as a family.  He has since decided that since his girlfriend can't handle our family time that it must stop.  I am so angry at him for choosing her over his kids when he is the one that stressed we had to do family time for the kids. I'm sure that he will soon not even want them every other weekend because a 5 and 9 year old are sure to cramp his style.  That's fine with me and the kids don't want to go with him right now anyway. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
My mother did that with me in the end it only turned me against her for talking bad about my dad. You can put it in the orders that he can't discuss it in front of her but hard to enforce
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)