Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

He moved out on New Years Eve - new single mom

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:06 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and to the single mom life. My son will be 2 years old in April. My fiance (ex now obviously) moved out on New Years Eve. His parents wanted him to get his own place due to me and our son being too much of a distraction to him and his school work as he is doing a weekend college degree. I agreed to the move though as we weren't getting along anymore and he is far from a great dad. My fiance didn't actually want to leave but I told him to do it. His parenting consists of whining to our son about how much our son whines, laying around on the floor and 'waiting' for our son to play with him and arguing with me. I am really starting to struggle with keeping a happy face on for my son when I feel like I'm falling apart inside.

I found this webite on google while looking for somewhere to talk to someone, ANYONE who could help me feel like I didn't make the worst mistake by letting him leave. And I just want to find some new friends, seeing as I pretty much have none to count on anymore. So sad is the life I'm living these days. I

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
breebree04
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! Everything will work out and be fine, you just need time to adjust. If things werent working out and hes not the best dad then it was probably for the best that you made him leave. You deserve to be happy and you cant be the best mom you can be if your not happy. Plus Im sure you dont want to have to deal with his parents for the rest of your life. I mean what kind of parent tells their son that he needs to leave his son because hes a distraction. Hes not even 2 yrs old yet, toddlers whine!!! Good Luck with everything but I think you should follow your heart/instincts

LauraMH
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!! I agree with everything the previous person said. It will all work out the way is is supposed to. 

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group.  The first few months after a break up is hard especially if you have a child with that person, you doubt everything you said, everything you didn't say , and questions whether it was right to part ways. But you have to keep reminding yourself why the break up happen in the first place, it seem that there had been problems in your relationship and  his parents telling him to get a place of his own was a way out of your situation. Focus on taking care of yourself and your son and not thinking  of all the what if's right now, make changes that are need to address the fact that you a single mother, like extra child care in case you work or have an emergency, figure out what type of visitations you want your ex to have, figure out whether child support is a factor here or not, and learn to be ok alone.  And remember you don't know what the future hold you could be single now and not be single in a few months, some space between the two of you may give both of you some more insights.

blueeyedpixie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group.... Hugs! I know how you feel. Stbxh decided to split in dec and I was a SAHM so all my friends were his friends am I have no family here... So I'm alone too... I have 3 kids. 7, almost 2, an 4 months.... If you want to talk I'm here...:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. If you aren't happy in the relationship, you probably did the right thing. It's easier raising your child on your own rather than having to raise an adult child at the same time. Things will get easier and you will feel better with a little time.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs and welcome!

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome to the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN