Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not going to be an easy day

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 14 Replies
Today marks a year since one of my best friend passed away by a drunk driver. I miss him everyday but I know that he is watching over my daughter and I. He's also protecting us from all the bad things that could happen to us. Sometimes I think what if I went with him home. We were at a party with our friends and I wasn't ready to go so I stayed a little longer but what if I went and it took longer for us to get to the point he was hit. I know I could have ended up died as well but it's still hard to take in.  I miss his smile, laugh and just his voice. It's still so hard to take in you won't wake up and call and text him. Some days are harder then others and today is a hard day but I am going to do my best in being happy for him because I know he wants me to be. I think he's the or who helped me find CM and all my friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
breebree04
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

So sorry for your loss :( Ive never lost a best friend from death but I can imagine it is very difficult to get over. Just remember, like you said, he would want you to be happy.

erinmomofone
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I am trying to remember that and thank you. I hope it will get easier.

Quoting breebree04:

So sorry for your loss :( Ive never lost a best friend from death but I can imagine it is very difficult to get over. Just remember, like you said, he would want you to be happy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I'm sorry for your loss but you are right he is looking after you and your daugther now and it you can take some comfort in having a guardian angel. 

erinmomofone
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Thanks I know I am lucky to have one how is keeping us safe.

Quoting victoriahearts:

I'm sorry for your loss but you are right he is looking after you and your daugther now and it you can take some comfort in having a guardian angel. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM

So sorry Erin. I can not imagine what you are going through and I wish I could just hug you tight today. Try not to dwell on what could have been. He is your guardian angel now and watching over you from Heaven.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I've lost a few friends from accidents that happened to them.  One friend died in a training helicopter accident and the other got hit by a car while jogging down the road.  I miss them both terribly.  Whenever I think of them I remind myself they were good people.  They would want me to rejoice in the life they shared with me.  I know it's hard to accept death which means you will never see or hear from your loved ones again.  But, just remember or try to feel good about the wonderful life they shared with you.  Hoping you feel better today. 

erinmomofone
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Thanks I would love a hug right now
:). I know he's watching over me and that keeps me strong and keep going.

Quoting LauraMH:

So sorry Erin. I can not imagine what you are going through and I wish I could just hug you tight today. Try not to dwell on what could have been. He is your guardian angel now and watching over you from Heaven.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I am so sorry for your losses. I am doing okay I am still sad but I am making it through.

Quoting steviechick:

I've lost a few friends from accidents that happened to them.  One friend died in a training helicopter accident and the other got hit by a car while jogging down the road.  I miss them both terribly.  Whenever I think of them I remind myself they were good people.  They would want me to rejoice in the life they shared with me.  I know it's hard to accept death which means you will never see or hear from your loved ones again.  But, just remember or try to feel good about the wonderful life they shared with you.  Hoping you feel better today. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Sorry for your loss, as the years go by, all you can do is reflect on the good things you did together, try not to think about the other "if's" that may have happened if you were there.  You will through another day.

erinmomofone
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Yeah i try my best to think about the good things that happened.

Quoting brieri:

Sorry for your loss, as the years go by, all you can do is reflect on the good things you did together, try not to think about the other "if's" that may have happened if you were there.  You will through another day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)