Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How soon do you let the guy know you have kids? Do you get to the person first, and let that person get to know you a little? Or...do you blurt it out as soon as you think you may have a common interest?

Carmalita

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Replies (11-16):
mom_of_twingirl
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I have not dated yet but i was wondering the same things. I figured I would tell then right from the start. I  dont like to hide anything. But I would not let them meet my daughters until I was sure that this is someone that i am gonna be with awhile. I dont want to bring guy after guy around my girls.

If the guy does not aceppt me and my daughters then he is not the right guy for me.

baseballmom5416
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM

this..

Quoting KRIZZ25:

I TELL EM UP FRONT ..

Tish_Hughes
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:23 PM
He just wants to give you the d.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
My SO met my children after a week of dating. I introduced him as my friend. I wanted to make sure that he was comfortable and that their interactions were healthy and happy before I pursued him even further. I was not disappointed. :) He treats my girls like his own and they adore him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Be up front and if the guy doesn't want kids or is weird about you having kids, but he keeps flirting he just wants sex. I dated a guy who wasn't comfortable that I had a kid but every year now since we broke it off he keeps trying to holler. He just wants sex. And he's older than me too. Loser. Move on to the next!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I've been told not to mention my son until I'm on the third date. Well, I'm not going to waste 3 dates on someone who doesn't like kids. I just work it into conversation- my son and I spend the weekends at the theme parks and I'm always busy with a karate thing plus I take fitness classes at his dojo. I would have to purposely avoid mention of my son and I'm just not like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)