Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Looks like I shouldn't be in this group anymore!

Posted by   + Show Post

My boyfriend took my son and I out for lunch and we headed to the zoo.. Penguins are my favorite animal and somehow he had worked out with the staff to have a penguin walk up to me and give me a ring.. And when that little penguin dropped the ring by my feet my boyfriend got down on one knee and proposed! AAHHH!!! It's been nice getting all of the wonderful advice from all you other mommy's but it doesn't feel right being in a single moms group when I'm really not single.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM

This is the second post I've seen this week.

Quoting Mommyandme878:

No? I didn't know other people were doing it?

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

LMAO is this a theme? Getting engaged then posting about how you can't be in here anymore?

Mommyandme878
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Well maybe you shouldn't have opened it due to the title "looks like I shouldn't be in this group anymore!"

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

This is the second post I've seen this week.

Quoting Mommyandme878:

No? I didn't know other people were doing it?

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

LMAO is this a theme? Getting engaged then posting about how you can't be in here anymore?

Hot_Mama3792
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Congrats!!!!!! :) that is so awesome and Romantic <3

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Maybe I should'mt have, but I did. Because I can. And I was just wondering if it's a coincidence, or if it's part of a chain reaction of engagements lol. It's just weird that it happened twice this week. No need to get pissy and defensive.

Quoting Mommyandme878:

Well maybe you shouldn't have opened it due to the title "looks like I shouldn't be in this group anymore!"

Mommyandme878
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM

The way I read it, made it seem kind of rude. My apologies.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Maybe I should'mt have, but I did. Because I can. And I was just wondering if it's a coincidence, or if it's part of a chain reaction of engagements lol. It's just weird that it happened twice this week. No need to get pissy and defensive.

Quoting Mommyandme878:

Mommyandme878
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! I know, It's so out of his "comfort zone" too.

Quoting Hot_Mama3792:

Congrats!!!!!! :) that is so awesome and Romantic <3

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Thanks. 

Quoting Mommyandme878:

The way I read it, made it seem kind of rude. My apologies.

Hot_Mama3792
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM

well I am very happy for you and him. we went out of his comfort zone because he ralized you worth doing it for :) Very pretty ring as well. 

Courtney & Zoey
The Two Prinesses <3

Hot_Mama3792
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM

*he***

Mommyandme878
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Thank you! That's almost exactly what he said to me when I asked why he went so "big" with his proposal. I love my ring, its not too big, but it's not too small, it's perfect :)

Quoting Hot_Mama3792:

well I am very happy for you and him. we went out of his comfort zone because he ralized you worth doing it for :) Very pretty ring as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)