Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I need some ideas

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
How do you ladies clean the house with a toddler? Mine is two and if I'm trying to clean she's tearing something up in the other room or wreaking some other havoc. So other than waiting til she falls asleep what do you do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommyTo5Boys
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Save some special toys that DD is only allowed to play with during you cleaning time. Or let her "help" you give her a rag and let her lose as long as she stays in the same room as you.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
skymama10
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM
She usually helps for about two minutes before she's over it. I'm going to try setting an alarm. Ten minutes for cleaning together ten minutes playing together. It will take forever but something's gotta work right?

Quoting MommyTo5Boys:

Save some special toys that DD is only allowed to play with during you cleaning time. Or let her "help" you give her a rag and let her lose as long as she stays in the same room as you.

londonmmy23
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I wait untilled she's asleep nap-bed. Its so hard if its not onething its another. She 2 as well n sometimes doesn't take naps. For example last night went 2 bed @8pm woke up@3am she's been up since then. I'm so f-ing tired
tyfry7496
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Wait until she's napping or asleep. Toddlers have about a 5 minute attention span.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't try to do it all in one day. Use 20 minutes max per day for chores and assign days like vacuum and floors day, bathroom day, etc. I do a load of laundry almost every day as the basket is full.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skymama10
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Why on earth didn't I think if this before? You're awesome.

Quoting MeeshMom:

Don't try to do it all in one day. Use 20 minutes max per day for chores and assign days like vacuum and floors day, bathroom day, etc. I do a load of laundry almost every day as the basket is full.

skymama10
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM
We go to bed together at 10. I am at work when she naps.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Wait until she's napping or asleep. Toddlers have about a 5 minute attention span.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)