Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Freaking out

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:44 AM
  • 19 Replies

So I just took a test and it came out positive. I didn't really want anymore kids. Now I have to figure out how to tell him, my kids, and my family. I am honestly not even sure how to do all of this. I am figuring I will wait to tell him til after I go to the doctor and get it confirmed. I am thinking that I will wait til after the doctor too before I tell my family too. I am just not sure how he is going to react we haven't exactly talked in almost 3 weeks.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM
:::hugs::::
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:06 PM

There's a will, there's  a way. 

labrax
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:12 PM
*hugs*
Tish_Hughes
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:03 PM

How old are you?

heathermarie23
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I'm in the same boat... except mine was confirmed and I still can't bring myself to tell my family... I'm 24wks. 

RjandMjsmom
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I am 32. The only reason I will have to tell my family is cuz my brother and his gf watch my kids and my brother would end up telling everyone else. So it would just be better if I told them. But I am just curious now a days how long after a positive hpt do I need to wait to get it confirmed at the doctors? With my son the doctor made me wait another 2 weeks.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM
My dr never confirmed it. Just scheduled first appt for 8-10 weeks along. I wouldnt tell anyone til after first trimester.

Quoting RjandMjsmom:

I am 32. The only reason I will have to tell my family is cuz my brother and his gf watch my kids and my brother would end up telling everyone else. So it would just be better if I told them. But I am just curious now a days how long after a positive hpt do I need to wait to get it confirmed at the doctors? With my son the doctor made me wait another 2 weeks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Quoting RjandMjsmom:

My doctor took me right away and did a transvaginal ultrasound to get a precise due date.  I was only 7.5 weeks along. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:52 AM
*hugs* good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RjandMjsmom
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:26 PM

So I just told the father and of course he denies it. According to the charts from the day I conceived, and I know I conceived that day cuz was only time I did anything with him, and hadn't been with anyone for about a year before him, I am 4 weeks along. He said there is no way its his because I am 4 weeks and it was only a two weeks ago we did it. I told him it was actually 3. So now I have to figure out what I am gonna do. I did tell him once the kid is born we can do a DNA test to prove it and can either give up his rights or we give it up for adoption he said ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)