Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Twins on the way... and a single mom

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 11 Replies

So, here I am in this path of life giving birth to a set of twins due july 2, 2013.

I have a 4 year old who i love and odore. Her father abused me when i was prego that made us separate. Long story short we wore dealing with custody ... I had been single for some time now. I decided to go out and had something like a one night stand... that turned out iinto this pregnacy. The guy is much younger then me and wanted me to have a abortion. now he claims they are not his. and often sends me text messeges about how women are so wrong for opening their legs... and putting guys like him in this situation.

Well I didnt want to have sex with him... and i regret allowing him to win me over... I guess it had really been that long sense I felt like i was actually wanted by someone.. but if i was back there again i would of not.

so i am here dealing with this situation alone. i dont really have a strong support system.

but i work full time, i have my own place and i have one year left to graduate from a 4yr college.that i plan to finish after the babys come.

I just wish i had a real friend that understood me and was willing to help me. my parents are 100000 of milies away. My birth father doesnt care ... and i just wish i had someone to really count on now that i need it the most. just someone to lean on. I have been crying eveyday for that last few months and i know it doesnt solve anythig. I am a very strong person that always looks for the finer things in life and wants to better her self I just dont know what a strugle i am in for.

any advice?

:(

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fullmoon_Goddes
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcrowley22
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Breathe mama. It will all work out. :) Message me if you wanna talk. I am a single mom too and I have a daughter who is 6 and a son who is 4 

icantshowmyface
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Would you be willing to give up for adoption? You're really going to struggle in the long run
remarkable23
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM

i was given up for adoption.

I just cant see my self doing that to the child i created.

my mother gave me up because she was a drug addict

i may not have all the money in the world. but i work very hard. I know its not going to be easy. But it wouldnt make it any easier to live my life thinking about the 2 little ones i gave up thats just not a option.

i was a freshman in college when i had my daughter... and i have never recieved a penny in child support. and i done pretty well for my self.

now its 2 more to add to the picture im just worried .... scared... and wish i had a better support system

remarkable23
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM

thank you!

msmiyo
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I was in a similar situation but didnt get pregnant by the second guy. I think you let things happen after you go through that sort of thing with your kids father. You just want someone to care for you and then its all on the woman. I had alot of bitterness towards men for a few years because its like your a queen and then a street rat. Dont let him make you feel bad though. Your doing really good bfor yourself and yourkids are going to have a wonderful strong mom to look up to. It will be hard with twins but you are almost through college and thats really great!
remarkable23
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I guess i had let him talk me down of all that i am and thats why i feel so sad.

I know where i am going, finishing college then going for my masters. just dont know if i will be strong enough to do it alone this time around... now its 3 we are talking about... i may have  to put my masters degree on hold for a few years.

I had alot against men for a time. but realized that not all men are the same. just like women. We all get judged for what we are not. I always respond to things like that... standing up for my self but it still hurts my feelings.

I have struggled so much in my life i just wish to provide a better future for my kids... so they wont have to worrie about a home, food, clothes, etc. that they will always have a best friend to support them and to be there for them and most importantly to love them like no one can. only mothers love.

msmiyo
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Your right, it is really hard to do it alone. Im just now entering college, i had that too where the guy just tore me down afterwards, but you know what he was there too. Hes just trying to make himself feel better. If he's not going to help then just ignore him. Some men just dont want to take care of their responsabilitys and try to hold women like we're putting them through something because we do. Abortion is just not an option for some of us no matter how hard your life may become. Your already working very hard and from the sounds of it i think your going to accomplish everything you set out to
remarkable23
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:30 PM

i always tell my self... it was god's plan.

He doesnt put you somewhere for no reason... now we are here to make it the best we can. Better things will come. I just have to learn to be patient.

I hope i have the heart to push me on this new path.

msmiyo
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you do. God can change our lives when we follow him. Keep with yiur school and always always always make sure you have fun despite what ever hard ships come
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)