Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When i look in her eyes i see him

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:00 AM
  • 10 Replies
My daughter is a month old and when I look in her eyes I see her father in her. And sometimes she makes faces. Alot she looks nothing like him and looks just like me. He may come around every 2 weeks are so for a few hours. Sorry I been up with her and was just thinking. Ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
listenerguy
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:37 AM

it's okay you may just thinking alot about him, so you see him in her because she is your connection with him just relaxing

Kazmira222
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:14 AM
At least he comes to see her. My boy is 21 days old now and his "daddy" has only seen him once and that was after birth.. >_> and he just recently moved on with another person so that's what I've been kinda down about. At least my lil boy looks a lot more like me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:05 AM
One of my girls looks like me. The other looks like her dad.. Got the same color green eyes. Doesnt bother me. When my youngest was born she looked so much like my mother.. Now thats freaky! But my mother was beautiful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pristine729
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:08 AM
They say most babies look like Dad when they are born.

My almost five year old is a spitting image of his Dad. There's not much me in him, except personality.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I've heard that too.  For evolutionary reasons, this way fathers would "know" it was their baby.

My son looked like his father for his first couple months, but now he outgrew his baby look and looks just like me! 

Quoting pristine729:

They say must babies look like Dad when they are born.
My almost five year old is a spitting image of his Dad. There's not much me in him, except personality.

armyvet06
by Ashley on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:28 AM
My 2yr old is starting to look more and more like her dad. She looked just like me when she was born, but is now getting his eyes, hair, and facial features. He has never seen her.
Blue_Spiral
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:39 AM

It's kind of awkward for me when I see how much my son is like his father, especially since he's spent so little time with him.

He definitely got his genes, but hopefully I can raise him to be a kind, gentle, honest person instead.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM
*hugs*
allycat2120
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM
She was 2 weeks old before he ever saw her

Quoting Kazmira222:

At least he comes to see her. My boy is 21 days old now and his "daddy" has only seen him once and that was after birth.. >_> and he just recently moved on with another person so that's what I've been kinda down about. At least my lil boy looks a lot more like me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allycat2120
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM
It just sucks sometimes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)