Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Has anyone ever taken a vow of celibacy?

Posted by   + Show Post
If so, how long did you go for? How did it work for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
SpurgeonMom
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM
ha i actually swore to myself i'm not having sex until i get serious with someone 2 days ago. right after one of my best friends said how much he liked me one thing lead to another mind you we were both drunk and bad judgment and i regret it most because we were not careful. i don't usually have regrets for my actions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I tried to say I was gonna stay celibate and I did for a few years at a time. But really I couldn't do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:27 AM

No and don't plan to. 

Lyssa42
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:23 AM
No and I do not plan on it!
momabug7
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Im realy taking the vow of the 90 Day Rule that Steve Harvey discussed in the book and movie Act Like A Lady Think Like A Man I believe its good advice to wait and let the other person & yourself so a good evaluation of having a relationship or going to the next level

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Yes, Twice, The 1st time was 3 years from the time I was 16 until I was 19. I did it again from the ages of 21 to 23. I am now not practicing celibacy but I'm thinking of starting it again.

wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:01 AM

No vow, but I am celibate at the moment. I'm not dating anyone, not looking to date. I'm focused on my kids, my work, myself, and I find that even if I did have the time to date right now, I have no desire to take time away from those things for a man.

I used to think that I wanted to remarry someday, but lately I've been thinking about how much I enjoy being single and not having to make/find time for a man and all the things that go along with any kind of relationship. It's kind of got me rethinking the whole idea of remarrying someday.

IBNeaters
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I haven't taken a vow, so to speak, but I do believe that's not something you give away unless you have a life long commitment in place and you believe you're going to spend the rest of your life with that person.  I know it didn't work out for me the first time because my ex is an ass, but I still think that it could happen again for me and, if not, I'm comfortable with not having sex for the rest of my life.  Yes, I get horny, but that's not something I just do for fun.  I believe that you give a little bit of yourself away everytime and I don't want to give that to just anyone.  

cmc638
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Yes for 4 months I'm currently on day 44 lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bluerivergirl
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I didn't take a vow per se, but I went 6 months because I didn't meet anyone I wanted to go there with.  I am now back with my ex, sort of.  We live about 2 hrs away from each other, and I do have fun when I see him, but I keep my emotions in check. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)