Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Has anyone ever taken a vow of celibacy?

Posted by   + Show Post
If so, how long did you go for? How did it work for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Replies (21-26):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM

No

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I didn't take a vow of celibacy as much as I choose not to start any personal relationships after my divorce which in turn meant no sex with anyone lol It was around a year or so , I took the time to focus on myself, started seeing a therapist for my mental healthy, started working out for my physical health and to preoccupy myself. So I think focusing on myself allowed me not to think about t hat aspect as well as the fact that being a single mom was lots of work.

massconfusion14
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I have been sex free since Mothers day and that was just my baby's father being a jerk and telling me he wanted me just to get laid when I was vulnerable. Before that, it was about 6 months. But I will not be having sex again until I am married because I am taking NO chances of having another baby alone! Get a toy.......

TwinsTwice2011
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here I was doing very good...3 months! Until I fell for my kids dad. Now I am starting over and plan on sticking with it. Nobody deserves that part of you who hasn't earned it. Will be shopping for toys soon.

Quoting massconfusion14:

I have been sex free since Mothers day and that was just my baby's father being a jerk and telling me he wanted me just to get laid when I was vulnerable. Before that, it was about 6 months. But I will not be having sex again until I am married because I am taking NO chances of having another baby alone! Get a toy.......

TwinsTwice2011
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:03 PM

What's the secret to keeping your emotions in check?

Quoting Bluerivergirl:

I didn't take a vow per se, but I went 6 months because I didn't meet anyone I wanted to go there with.  I am now back with my ex, sort of.  We live about 2 hrs away from each other, and I do have fun when I see him, but I keep my emotions in check. 

JaQuan_Jayla
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Well, I do not know about the "vow" part. But i was celibate for 4 years than failed smh, Now I am starting over, almost 2 years so far , sex-free. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN