Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

child support and custody

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

My LO father is not on the BC, He said he is going to go down to the court to file to pay child support, so I should be expecting a phone call. He wants rights to see our LO outside of my house. He doesn't want to come over my because my dad said something to him.(nothing bad, its poor excuse he got something for her after 6months) My child's father said he will not be judged( I don't tell what the baby needs)....so he wants to see her outside the house... He will just need to be put on the BC, and pay 8% child support because he other child get's 20%. He also said I say no to metting him outside of he house, I am stopping from seeing the baby. so how does this stuff really work...she is also a premiee(under a year old)

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LauraMH
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:23 PM

If he files for custody/CS and is not on the BC he will have to get a paternity test that he should have to pay for. After that (if he is proven the father) he will most likely get unsupervised visits. Possibly joint custody too.  Meaning that he will be able to take your DD away from your home.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Welcome!

First of all, just because he pays child support to another child that doesn't mean he'll be told to pay less for this little one.  Child support is based off of the income of both parents regardless if there is another child by another parent.  

As for visitation, that is his right to ask for.  If you can work it out without going to court, that's good for both parties, but it sounds like a judge may need to get involved to determine what is best for the baby.

Chelly118
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I live with my parents, and he lives in a house with his friends mother, and her family.
victoriahearts
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM

This. Although in some courts it will be enough that he claims to be the father and if you agree to it being the truth they will skip the PT because it cost the court system money, that's the government for you in some states. And how much your child get isn't determined by how many children he has with other woman, it's determined by how many children he has with you and how much is the set limit in your state if there is one.

Quoting LauraMH:

If he files for custody/CS and is not on the BC he will have to get a paternity test that he should have to pay for. After that (if he is proven the father) he will most likely get unsupervised visits. Possibly joint custody too.  Meaning that he will be able to take your DD away from your home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)