Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

i'm raising a push over PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 1 Replies

well, that's according to my ex.  he came over to visit the kids this past weekend and he made a comment that just pissed me off.  he brought over some dinner for me and dd who is 2yrs old.  she got all excited at the fact that her dadda actually came over and stayed longer than 10 minutes.  well, she said "oh! dadda, tanky tanky."  so i sit her down in her seat and i start to set her meal up so she can easily feed herself and i sat right next to her with my meal just in case she needed help.  she then thanked me too for helping her.  then ex says "just for conversation, but do you think there is such a thing as too many thank yous?"  i told him i didn't think so, that it just shows how appreciative someone can be.  then he continued to say that he thinks i'm raising dd to be a push over, that i'm gonna make her have "un cara de pendeja" and people will take advantage of her.  that he sees that happen to me all the time from where i'm too nice.  and that he doesn't want dd or ds to be like me.   

**un cara de pendeja is roughly translates to "a face of a dumbass"

why would he say something like that?!?  he should be proud that dd is well-mannered.  it's not like she walks around saying it to anybody.  she says it when it's appropriate. 

i'm a single momma, and i think i'm doing a damn good job raising my kids. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Wow, he sounds like a real winner (sarcasm here).  I think you're doing a great job teaching your daughter manners. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)