Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Stepmom issues

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 5 Replies
My ex hubby and I have been divorced going on 4 years now. About a year and a half ago he got remarried. He's always been kind of an ass, but after he got remarried he turned into a bigger one as his wife doesn't help either. She sticks her nose in where it don't belong in things such as telling my son he can't go to his grandparents all the time or for a school project my son was suppose to bring in pictures if his family. Well thy week he was with his dad, and the pictures he brought in where mainly of her family...her brothers, dad, and grandparents. I don't believe that her family should have anything to do with my son. I understand that she's his step mom, but that's it, she has no decision making authority what's so ever. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do about this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momma1708
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I don't have any, but here is a bump for anyone who might be able to! GL! 

Lurion
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Oh, that's all kinds of wrong! Her family is not his family.

Do they have children together, or is she just taking over yours? 

How does your ex handle this? He needs to step up. 

themomthenurse
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:46 PM

She needs to back off. Putting her family pics on his school project is not respecting boundaries.

BTW, Love your hair!

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Typical jackass dad. I had to deal with it with my son's dad and stepmom and my best friend is still dealing with it with her ex and his new wife. Men, a lot of times, have no balls when it comes to dealing with the wife being a bitch about kids from a previous relationship. My son's dad let the wife go on a MAJOR power trip for a while but thankfully she chilled out once she had her own child with him. My best friend hasn't been so fortunate. He ex continues to let his current wife dictate his relationship with his son and it's awful to watch.

The thing I had to do was PRAY tons for protection over my son. I also prayed for the stepmom and also prayed that God would change my heart toward her. I resented her for how she treated me and so I needed to let it go on my end. It wasn't easy and didn't happen overnight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I'm going to be devils advocate but she is family to him now which makes her family your child's as well. Embrace that there are more people that love your child don't be angry that people care about your kid blood doesn't mean everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)