Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanna freakin cry

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 24 Replies
So my daughter father came over spent 6 hours (shes only a month old) and he was telling how he bought his son a truck and all. So I said our daughter needs baby food. He said what do you think im a money tree and im broke. Wtf. Im so upset and if I say she looks like him he says I dont see it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
plainjane55
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I feel for ya. Sounds like my ex. I try to work things out with him coming to see our son and helping out support him money wise and he tells me "most of my money goes to bills." Whose doesn't? That and "why do I feel like I'm being pinned by everyone."  "Don't depend on me much." Yeah I know, going back to court tomorrow.

MamaT710
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Honey, guys can be total asses, but you can not control them on 2 things I know for sure -how they act and what they think.  My DS father just left after showing up late and playing video games with him for 2 hours (to me this isn't real father son bonding or parenting, I think he should be helping him with workbooks, sitting down at the table with him while he eats, etc.  this is his time, not mine to supervise although visits happen at my house) He has another child on the way with someone else and good thing my son doesn't need anything cause we would be SOL with the $50 he has helped with in the past 15 months, but yet has started to go to college and "make something of himself", been in classes a little over a week and has missed 4-6 classes out of 8 classes a week, smh and does not work any sort of job but always has his smokes, new clothes & some mode of transportation and its not the city bus.  All you can do is make visits on your time, file for child support and if you qualify get on PA if you need it till you get on your feet.  If he is visiting in your home, then you lay the rules out about how you are to be treated within reason and if you need to just leave the room when he is visiting.  Good Luck!!

allycat2120
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I just feel down. it hurts. his daughters dont even know about my daughter and there friends want to be nosy on my facebook and see her pics then delete me. his daughters are grown and hm guessing they heard about her though the grape fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allycat2120
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:03 PM
My daughter doesnt need anything but I was thinking he could help with something. Shes only a month old so all you can do is feed and hold her are change her. Hes almost 30 years older then me. Well ill be 27 at the end of this month and he will be 53 in march and he has a good job. But he thinks I trapped him and after his money which is not true. I have filed for child support.

Quoting MamaT710:

Honey, guys can be total asses, but you can not control them on 2 things I know for sure -how they act and what they think.  My DS father just left after showing up late and playing video games with him for 2 hours (to me this isn't real father son bonding or parenting, I think he should be helping him with workbooks, sitting down at the table with him while he eats, etc.  this is his time, not mine to supervise although visits happen at my house) He has another child on the way with someone else and good thing my son doesn't need anything cause we would be SOL with the $50 he has helped with in the past 15 months, but yet has started to go to college and "make something of himself", been in classes a little over a week and has missed 4-6 classes out of 8 classes a week, smh and does not work any sort of job but always has his smokes, new clothes & some mode of transportation and its not the city bus.  All you can do is make visits on your time, file for child support and if you qualify get on PA if you need it till you get on your feet.  If he is visiting in your home, then you lay the rules out about how you are to be treated within reason and if you need to just leave the room when he is visiting.  Good Luck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a DNA test and file for c/s. No use being upset. Do whatever you can to make situation better .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allycat2120
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Im trying to do the right thing

Quoting conniejo75:

Get a DNA test and file for c/s. No use being upset. Do whatever you can to make situation better .

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM

All you can do is not pay attention to that bullshit, file for CS, and watch him suffer with his credit. 

It's awesome. They can't do shit afterwards and that stuff stays on their files. Even if child support builds to a point where he cannot pay it back, it will go on his record and his credit will be fuuuuucked, even claiming bankruptcy.

allycat2120
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Damn

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

All you can do is not pay attention to that bullshit, file for CS, and watch him suffer with his credit. 

It's awesome. They can't do shit afterwards and that stuff stays on their files. Even if child support builds to a point where he cannot pay it back, it will go on his record and his credit will be fuuuuucked, even claiming bankruptcy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I'm serious. I'm filing for bankruptcy, and my lawyer has a defensive case set up so that my ex will still be financially responsible if he has to give up his parenting rights involuntarily. He will forever have bad credit, but has been paying what he can here and there, but then it ends up building up every couple of months. He's gonna be in and out of jobs for the rest of his life. He chose to be with the wrong person. She doesn't even want to work, yet she wants to marry him. 

Quoting allycat2120:

Damn

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

allycat2120
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Wow thats crazy

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

I'm serious. I'm filing for bankruptcy, and my lawyer has a defensive case set up so that my ex will still be financially responsible if he has to give up his parenting rights involuntarily. He will forever have bad credit, but has been paying what he can here and there, but then it ends up building up every couple of months. He's gonna be in and out of jobs for the rest of his life. He chose to be with the wrong person. She doesn't even want to work, yet she wants to marry him. 

Quoting allycat2120:

Damn

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)