Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dilemma...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 13 Replies

So, ever since the new semester started, I sat beside this really cute guy. He has been interrupting me in lectures to talk to me about nonsensical stuff, like help me with my homework, or ask me about something he missed. 

Well, I got to talk to him while we were waiting for the bus, and he told me he has a gf, but he was interested in forming a study group with another lady who sits in the row behind us and another girl who sits behind me. We had our first group meeting on Saturday, and the girl and lady had to leave early, so we were stuck in the lounge talking. He kept getting closer to me, and it made me uncomfortable knowing he has a gf, but he is really cute. As interested as I feel in him, I would HATE it if I was the gf.

So I texted him this morning I think it's best if we call it a day when the other members leave and he said "Why? Did I say something?" And I said "You said you have a gf" He says "yeah I know. Let's meet after" 

So I met with him, and he comes near me smiling and I'm like "soooo...." And he says "Well me and my gf are going through a rough time right now. I don't even knwo if it's gonna work out. And I know I give you mixed signals, but in the event we don't work out I was wondering if we could get to know each other?" And I'm like "Ummm...idk. I just don't feel right. If I was yoru gf, I would feel hurt..." and he's like "Well, I just call her my gf. We're not formally with each other." And I was like "idk...you're nice and everything, but you don't think it's weird we just met two weeks ago and only see each other 3 days a week?" And he's like "I'm sorry, it's just, you're gorgeous and you seem like the kind of person I would really enjoy being around and I just feel comfortable talking to you." 

So to cut this short, we talked for two hours and I told him I'd think about it but for now, we're just going to be classmates, and if anything happens, I guess it will.

I know he could be just saying this and maybe likes to two time, or he really doesn't have a gf, and he wants one lmfao.

But I'm gonna keep an eye on his behavior. He does seem really nice, and he's always flirting with me. He's majoring in Classics and wants to become fluent in more than 4 langauges. 

He's always staring at me too. Not in a creepy way, but everytime I look at him he looks away and hides his face with his hand lmfao.

Am I approaching this the right way, and should I avoid him, or is there no harm in him being interested if that's what he wants? I don't want to become a factor into an existing relationship and ruin anything if there is anything, but he is always bugging me and talking to me, and he IS cute so it's kinda hard not to talk to him when he's nice like that...but I am also weary of a possible set up/lie.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by Janet on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I would keep it classmates only until he shows he really broke up with is gf. He may seem nice but if he's acting like this with a gf in the picture, he's more than likely done it before and will do it again.

Be careful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Thanks! That's so true. You can't be too careful with someone sketchy like that.

Quoting tyfry7496:

I would keep it classmates only until he shows he really broke up with is gf. He may seem nice but if he's acting like this with a gf in the picture, he's more than likely done it before and will do it again.

Be careful.

tyfry7496
by Janet on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM
You're welcome!! Pretty good advice with a migraine!!!

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Thanks! That's so true. You can't be too careful with someone sketchy like that.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Be careful.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Ugh, I swear I was getting one this afternoon. I have three midterms to study for; one for this class (English/Classics double coded course, Biology and Math....*shudder*)

Quoting tyfry7496:

You're welcome!! Pretty good advice with a migraine!!!

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Quoting tyfry7496:

Be careful.

momma1708
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I wouldn't trust him. It sounds like a set up. Don't do it. Don't get close to him. Keep your distance. It all sounds fishy

kidlover2
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Honestly I would be skeeved out. If he can't be faithful to his gf & or just break it off and then pursue me... I wouldn't touch him with a 10ft pole. He doesn't even seem honest. Didn't you bring up the gf?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
themomthenurse
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Creeper.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Nate and I agree with Janet.

He may seem nice but he also seems kinda shady!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

You think so??? What makes you creeped out? He's really young looking lmao. He's 24, and I'm 25.

Quoting themomthenurse:

Creeper.

yezay
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM
If it sounds too convenient it is. Too many times I've had guys say they're relationship is on the outs and its not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)