Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

This dude is still at it...

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM
  • 5 Replies
Ok so now my ex is saying that im using the boys against him cause i cant trust him...ok...why should i let him spend time alone with our two kids ages 21 and 8 months when he said if they act up he was gonna hit them not to remind you i was physically abused by this man for 3 1/2 yrs during my pregnancies..i know how easily he can get stressed out and snap...im not gonna put my babies in danger but ummm he's also saying that im keeping them from his family when that's far from the truth he's family like i said used to curse me out threaten and call me nasty names infront of my first born and while i was pregnant i ain't gonna let them continue...am i wrong and a bad mother for only giving him visitations??? Plsss help!! Thanks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at your title.  

If you're afraid he is going to hurt your kids, don't feel bad.  He should consider himself lucky he has visitation after the abuse.  

siindy0625
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM
He's a jerk just the other day he came covered in hickeys to see his sons he didn't see that as setting a bad example nor disrespectful

Quoting mytrueloveS:

Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at your title.  

If you're afraid he is going to hurt your kids, don't feel bad.  He should consider himself lucky he has visitation after the abuse.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM

No, you are NOT wrong in making sure your children are safe.  This 'man' is a batterer.  He shouldn't even have visitation rights.  How did that come about with his history of abuse? 

breebree04
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM

No I wouldnt let him or his family take the kids. If you cant trust someone to not harm your children then you dont send them with them. He will not understand this though so good luck dealing with him. Might have to take him to court and have his visitation stopped

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Your not a bad mother you are the opposite, you are protecting your children to the best of your ability.  As for keeping the children from his family, well that is the families fault, you are under no obligation to schedule visitation rights with them and much less with people that don't know how to act like adults and be civil towards you. I say only do what the CO says you must do regarding visitation rights , other then that don't give their father anything extra.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)