Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

court!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 18 Replies

I have court today at 2:10. My daughter's father who has not been involved her entire life so far is taking me for custody. I am super nervous! Everyone wish me luck!! Thank you!!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraMH
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Good luck sweety!! Let us know how it goes. Is this the first court date you have with him?

adriennesmom401
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Yes it was he first court date. He ended up denying the supervised visitation my lawyer extended to him. We go back April 1st. The judge told him to get a lawyer. Kind of weird he filed but got no lawyer. He is trying to blame me for not seeing his daughter of course. Typical guilt trip. His mom was trying to cuss people out down there and his grandma brought a BABY with her down there. Too bad the judge didn't hear her calling people bitches :( He kept trying to cut me off in court, his family couldn't go back. He was expecting me to sign over whatever he wanted I guess.. He's gonna try to have me bashed come April 1st because I didn't give him what he wanted. Such a loser. Ugh! But yeah can't care too much about your daughter if you denied the little they were offering you from the start.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I hope the next court date goes well for you and your child!

massconfusion14
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I feel you, I have a similar situation except they didn't get custody but they did get unsupervised visitation..... now I'm worried his mom is trying to sabotage me to make me look bad. (She told me the Dr said I could stop tamiflu early if no fever and the dr said it could have caused her to get deadly sick if I would have listened). How old is your baby girl?

adriennesmom401
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Thanks so much!!

Quoting easinpc:

I hope the next court date goes well for you and your child!

adriennesmom401
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Yeah I've already been told they are going to try to bash me April 1st at our next hearing. His mom is one to try to do something like that. She's crazy! He can bring his witnesses this next court date so I will probably be in a bad boat as well. She is 3 months! You should get a statement from the DR saying that and take it to court with you. When is your next date?

Quoting massconfusion14:

I feel you, I have a similar situation except they didn't get custody but they did get unsupervised visitation..... now I'm worried his mom is trying to sabotage me to make me look bad. (She told me the Dr said I could stop tamiflu early if no fever and the dr said it could have caused her to get deadly sick if I would have listened). How old is your baby girl?

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Well it looks like it went well, you shouldn't be nervous he obviously didn't have this shit together this time and he probably wont have it next time, you have obviously taken your time to hire a lawyer and try to make some visitations available to him. If he can't even take what was offered to him, I'm sure the judge will see right through him come April .

adriennesmom401
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I totally hope so! My lawyer is emailing him today one more time offering supervised visitation that way he can show a "no" to that once again in court come April if he does say no that way its shown hes not willing to work with us as an adult. I also found out this morning he's been taking our daughter around sex offenders in his family when he was picking her up that I didn't know were sex offenders for RAPE/MOLESTATION. I called my lawyer and emailed the names of those family members this morning. I have no clue what court is going to do about that though.

Quoting victoriahearts:

Well it looks like it went well, you shouldn't be nervous he obviously didn't have this shit together this time and he probably wont have it next time, you have obviously taken your time to hire a lawyer and try to make some visitations available to him. If he can't even take what was offered to him, I'm sure the judge will see right through him come April .

1battymom84
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Good luck to you!! it sounds like the first court date went well.  

I know how you feel though I went through a custody battle with my ex not that long ago to.  He wanted to get custody but all he got was supervised visits 3 times a year.  That he still never takes.  

I would just say dont stress to much over it.  Make sure that you Document every thing that happens from this day forward till the case is closed.  And do your best to keep from giving him any thing he can potentially use against you. And and make sure you are in comunication with your lawyer about every thing.   

I hope all goes well for you! 

adriennesmom401
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Thanks so much!! How long did you guys battle in court?

Quoting 1battymom84:

Good luck to you!! it sounds like the first court date went well.  

I know how you feel though I went through a custody battle with my ex not that long ago to.  He wanted to get custody but all he got was supervised visits 3 times a year.  That he still never takes.  

I would just say dont stress to much over it.  Make sure that you Document every thing that happens from this day forward till the case is closed.  And do your best to keep from giving him any thing he can potentially use against you. And and make sure you are in comunication with your lawyer about every thing.   

I hope all goes well for you! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)