Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

dating.....

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 3 Replies

So I met this guy, he seems great. But Im still having a hard time trusting and going back out there.[so we text right now. He knows I have about my one month son]

I go to school twice a week. and I got my parents helping me with my DS. [It's not that I'm planing on him to meet my son right away!!! it's gonna take me more than six months of dating]

Isn't it too soon to date with a one month old son?

When did you go back out dating?

I'm just scared, I wanna know how it went with all the other single mommys who went out to date. when was it? and how?!!!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
breebree04
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I was still married when my kids were that little but I think it just depends on the individual person. Some people are ready to jump right back into dating and some arent ready for awhile. Seems like your not going to be bringing any guys around your son to soon, which is good, so if your ready go for it.

msmccarty
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I was married 4 years and before i got married he didn't meet my son who is 7 year old till 1 year after we dated but now I am divorced and it took me 2 years after the divorce to start dating again and still have those non trust issue if do go on a date its when you are ready or feel you want to get out there. as a new mom I would maybe wait a little while. 

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I started dating about a year after my divorce but when you start dating has a lot to do about with your personality. If you feel like you are ready to get out there but are feeling a little nervous that is to be expected, if dating is stressing you out,  you are probably not ready to date. As for trust, don't feel guilty about not trusting a guy you just meet, trust is built and earned, it's not something someone gets immediately, so let him prove to you that he is the right guy for you and if he can't do that then he isn't the right guy for you. If you don't trust him after months of dating and he has proven himself to you, then you may want to revisit the idea on whether  you are actually ready to date. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)