Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Now What?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 9 Replies
How do moms make it with no child support .. familly suppory or help ... how? I still se myself in such a hard position i feel like i cant go on i need a support team.. support group
How do thes ladies get good jobs
Goodincome there own home own car and all .. with help .. and i cant? Its frustrating
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momma1708
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I am not sure how they do it. Maybe they were already in the situation they are in. I am a single mom, I get the bare minimum you can get in my state for cs. 

momma1708
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Don't ask me why I just stated that I am single mom. For some reason I thought I clicked on another group, but I knew I clicked into this one. 

Quoting momma1708:

I am not sure how they do it. Maybe they were already in the situation they are in. I am a single mom, I get the bare minimum you can get in my state for cs. 

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Time and Patience.... I still don't have it but I'm learning it.... I'm 31 with two kids and I struggled for years without child support from my kids 2 sperm donors... If you need a sounding board... message me

Fullmoon_Goddes
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I don't know. I struggle. I'm frustrated.

I'm praying my kids don't get sick because I don't want to jeopardize my job. And as much as I bust my butt, I don't qualify for a VA loan more than $80K.

The only houses here for less than 80K have major problems like roof, foundation and electrical.

And there's no way I can afford a car note.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM

you just keep going and do what you can.....

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I am raising 3 kids, with no child support and no family support ( they are all either dead, or out of state and poor).

We are scraping financially. It hurts, because I know if we had cs we would be okay. The one saving grace is my job-even though it is not high paying especially for a family of four living in L A. I was blessed to find work w a company that is woman owned, and predominantly woman managed. Honestly I had a hard time finding any job, because I had little experience and had been a sahm for 12 years before going back to work. They took a chance on me and initially hired me part time- they later told me they hired me cuz they could relate to me and my situation. (btw if you are a single mom in a hiring position please keep my story in mind when you interview) My company has been hugely supportive financially offering me full time work, raises and bonuses- and they have given me flexibility, understanding and compassion regarding kid's emergencies/illnesses. I honestly don't know what I would do without my job-i am beyond grateful and try to demonstrate that everyday through my hard work, dedication and positive attitude.

breebree04
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I get cs (not alot) and I still struggle everyday. Ive just learned that we wont have what we always want or even need. Ive never had a new car. We have lived on and off by ourselves in an apartment but then end up having to live with family. I do have family support so we usually dont go without stuff we have to have. Alls you can do is take it one step at a time

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Getting financially stable it's hard , best advice is get all the bills in order and cut down things you don't need. Maybe cancelling the cable for a few months will allow you to pay off credit card debts or loans that you have, maybe changing cell phone plans from a contract to a pre paid phone will save you money, you have to look into everything you are paying and see how you can make the bills smaller, I go around the apartment turning off lights and devices so we save on the electric bill, I cut our cable bill down from $120 to $70 by cutting out the phone in the house and only having one cable box in the living room, so now I only pay for cable and Internet, I also have to pay for a parking garage for the car I have but I checked around my apartment and found that if I used a parking garage 3 block further from my place instead of the one in my building I would save over $500 a year, there is money to be saved in everything you pay. As for family support that one is harder, but try finding single mom group in your area, make friends with other moms either from your children school or the park or even better make friends with your neighbors this one usually pays off big time.

LauraMH
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

i struggle everyday financially. It is very hard as a single mom and I do not get any child support. My ex chooses not to pay and the lovely state of Missouri chooses not to do anything about it. I would suggest cutting any and all unnecessary bills you have. Use your tax money as an emergency savings account to live off of. That is what I do. I use it to pay daycare and buy the kids clothes and school supplies.

I am sorry you don't have any family support. I'm glad you found us. This is a wonderful supportive group :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN