Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hyperactive 3 year old help!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 10 Replies
Can canyone help me out my 3 year old is over avtive no matter how much I try n get her tried I alays end up crashing before her can anyone help me out plssss idk what else to do showers don't help they seem to hype her more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

What is she eating? Is she eating a lot of things with red #40 in it?  Even things you would think are *healthy* could have that awful ingredient...eliminate or try to eliminate that ingredient..and talk to her Pedi...

ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Can you elaborate more? Are you seeing any abnormal behaviors? Whats her diet like? How much tv does she watch?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylee88
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Jumps runs talks to herself all day long don't sit for more then 5 sec sits then gets up again n starts to jump she eats pretty normal at times one egg in the am with milk. In the afternolon I have no idea since am already at work by dinner its usually cereal she don't watch tv she can't sit for more then 5 min odd behavier she's been telling me she hates me but that's bout it every once in a while my dad brings her a koolaid jammer

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Can you elaborate more? Are you seeing any abnormal behaviors? Whats her diet like? How much tv does she watch?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Have you talked to her dr about this? Do you think she may have adhd?

Quoting amylee88:

Jumps runs talks to herself all day long don't sit for more then 5 sec sits then gets up again n starts to jump she eats pretty normal at times one egg in the am with milk. In the afternolon I have no idea since am already at work by dinner its usually cereal she don't watch tv she can't sit for more then 5 min odd behavier she's been telling me she hates me but that's bout it every once in a while my dad brings her a koolaid jammer

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Janet on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM
She is way too young to be diagnosed with ADHD! Do not let anyone do so.

She actually sounds like some of the 3 year olds in my preschool class. Get her up and moving. Put on fast paced music and dance, jump around. Run around outside. The more active she is the more tired she will be.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting amylee88:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylee88
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I did but dr said its normal her lazy eye was "normal" too but I don't want to change drs again plus my cousin who is an rn said they don't test for that until they are 5

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting amylee88:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amylee88
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I do let me run all she wants n jump n things like that just worried she don't stop not even to eat she will take a bite and won't stop to chew sshe runs around the house 6 times n its a pretty big yard even after a day full of activies she still wants to keep going right now its almost 11 all lights are out n she's running in the room not wanting to sleep cuz she wants to play

Quoting tyfry7496:

She is way too young to be diagnosed with ADHD! Do not let anyone do so.

She actually sounds like some of the 3 year olds in my preschool class. Get her up and moving. Put on fast paced music and dance, jump around. Run around outside. The more active she is the more tired she will be.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting amylee88:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My son can be very hyper but he has sensory processing disorder. If youre really concerned then see another dr. Or maybe try a child psychologist? Idk..

Quoting amylee88:

I did but dr said its normal her lazy eye was "normal" too but I don't want to change drs again plus my cousin who is an rn said they don't test for that until they are 5

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting amylee88:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsLogansMommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this

my dd is very active also. Usually about an hour before bedtime I start our routine of winding down I give her a bath lights are turned down low when she gets out no electronic devices on no tv no computer she brushes her teeth and we read a story and if she is still wound up I will rub her back til she goes to sleep. I would just try doing relaxation exercises with her spray lavender on her pillow put on soft music real low. Make sure she doesnt have anything with sugar or caffeine after 5 or 6.

If you are concerned about a developmental problem you should call ELI or Easter Seals (I think that is the name of the agency) In my town we have a place called The Regional Center and they do all the testing for Autism, Aspergers, as well as other things. I have heard conflicting info regarding the ages at which children can be tested so I can only tell you about my own experience and my dd was diagnosed at the age of 5 with ADHD combined type (needless to say the diagnosis didnt come as a surprise) good luck I hope you get some answers and some rest

BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM

omg loose the koolaid asap it's loaded with sugar.

Quoting amylee88:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)