Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Sometimes, all you can do is laugh.

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 10 Replies
3 moms liked this
For some reason something compelled me to put up a status about cuddling on my Facebook. Not 5 minutes later I was getting texts asking if I was free this weekend. He's a good guy in general. He had an actual conversation with me and even asked about my kids first. But still had the fight the urge to respond with something along the lines of "My boobs hurt, I haven't shaved my legs in a week, my checking account is overdrawn and the below zero temps we've been having is making my eczema flare up. If you'd like to reconsider, now is your chance."

It's not that I wouldn't enjoy being taken out for a movie. I've just come to this point where I'm tired of the casual crap. I'm a single mom of two, whom I homeschool and I have 3 part time jobs. My freetime is sacred and comes at a price (specifically, the price of a babysitter). If you are only looking for "something fun" I am not your girl. And even on the off chance that you are indeed looking for something serious (eventually. That shit takes time) are you emotionally/socially/financially prepared to become a family man? Because if you hesitated even a little to any of those, you aren't ready. So let's not waste each others time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBernie
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I am right there with you. Every guy I talk to has a kid and I dont want to deal with deal with some baby mama anymore. Free time is definitly sacred I get really lonely but I love my free time :) I feel have fun with your kids and put the man second :)

abusednotbroken
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Well said!

mrene88
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Exactly!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Lol..love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I agree but with the limited info you gave us about this guy why not give him a shot? Unless you're not attracted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
songbird2716
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM
He's not by any means unattractive. Just not my type. And I know his ex, whom he dated for 3 years, had a daughter and his best friend (who is also one of my best friends) has a daughter who he's great with. But we've hung out enough in a group for me to be confident in saying that I'm just not all that interested. If there was gonna be a spark, it would have happened by now.

Quoting MeeshMom:

I agree but with the limited info you gave us about this guy why not give him a shot? Unless you're not attracted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I really like your attitude.  The men I've met since my divorce weren't even ready for a real relationship.  They all needed more maturing - even at their age.  All three were divorced and had been cheated on.  One was looking for a rebound relationship and the other two are losers.  What I would like to happen to me is actually meeting  a guy that is totally over all of that and is ready to at least make a friendship if nothing else.  Jumping into a relationship because you are lonely and only wanting sex has consequences.  I'm so done with guys like that.  My ex is like that.  That's why he's with his bimbo.  I'm just going to keep myself  busy with my interests.  Something I never got to do when I was married.  I compromised with my ex.  Never will do that again.  The guy I get involved with has to at least have more in common with me this go around.  We both want the same things in life or we just won't work out.  All those years I was with my ex were wasted years.  The only positive thing out of my marriage was my daughter. 

PoplarGrove
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Uggghhhhh.  I'm so glad it's not just me.  It seems like every guy I meet is either way too immature, forgets I have KIDS who need me more than he does, or just wants to see me for one reason (which I don't do but they still try).  

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Very well said. I agree with cutting through the shit before the first date and explaining exactly what your life consists of and telling him what his life would be like with you. At least give him the option to either try to deal or bail.

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PoplarGrove:

Uggghhhhh.  I'm so glad it's not just me.  It seems like every guy I meet is either way too immature, forgets I have KIDS who need me more than he does, or just wants to see me for one reason (which I don't do but they still try).  

I was using dating sites for awhile...a LOT of guys didn't get the whole I have a kid thing.  They'd text me at 11:30pm or whatnot asking what I was doing...seriously?  I have an 8 month old who wakes up every 1-2 hours, and then is up for the day by 5am, what do you think I'm doing?!?

I weeded through most of them that way and only bothered going out once.  Definitely need to cut through the bullshit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN